CSS Header & Footer Background Colors?

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
CSS Header & Footer Background Colors?
Hey guys I'm not very good with CSS (Haven't really had much time to learn CSS to be honest) but I have a project I'm working on and my customer wants a specific footer background and a specific header background and a specific body background. How would I go about this, please provide links.
It'd be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Well, you can use divs for each if you want, or you can use some HTML5 with it.

If you know HTML, shouldn't be hard to make a div.

<div id="header">
</div>

<div id="footer">

</div>

Now, in your css to call the div you do:

#header {
background: #colorcode

}

#footer {
background: #colorcode

}

If you wanna make the whole body a background color, you call it like this:

body {
background: #colorcode

}
[COLOR="Silver"]
Why not just go to a color scheme chooser and get a helping?
Also, in HTML 5, there is the "Footer" tag, and you can't really give a color to the header lol. I suggest using External CSS, by which I mean linking. Also, set something like

Code:
footer {
         background: #111
         color: #fff // color of bg is black so color of font is white.
         box-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #000  // I am just saying random stuff, just add stuff to your liking.

}
If I was going to do something like this I would use images with Dream weave and add div with the CSS so it pulls the image instead of a color.
Quote Originally Posted by argyros View Post
If I was going to do something like this I would use images with Dream weave and add div with the CSS so it pulls the image instead of a color.
Using images aren't so reliable, as it somewhat slows down the page to load the images.
Quote Originally Posted by Nexus[Bot] View Post
Using images aren't so reliable, as it somewhat slows down the page to load the images.
True, unless you know how to use photoshop and actually save the image for web and make it load as fast you want it to.
Quote Originally Posted by argyros View Post
True, unless you know how to use photoshop and actually save the image for web and make it load as fast you want it to.
Well, there is an option called "Save for web" on photoshop, or last I remember using it there was. So I hardly doubt it'll be hard, but If you do use images try using as much sprites as possible.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?