QuestionHelpDecompiling rotmg and need help

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Decompiling rotmg and need help
After 3hours work I finally got a compile-able version of rotmg 11.0.0 (ik it's 11.1.0 now) source code BUT WITHOUT ALL EMBEDDED ASSETS. There's too many of them and exporting them from ASV is a hell.

Here is my question:

Is there a quick way to deal with those assets?


I'm using FlashDevelop4.0 (Flex 3.4A) to compile and AS3Sorcerer1.9 to decompile.
Most if not all tuts on making your own client are using RABCDASM and you could also get yourself Yogda although not many using it now. JustAnoobROTMG has given codes for the updated 11.1.0 if you know how to get the swf from the game, there aee also tuts telling how to get these too.
Quote Originally Posted by Cyeclops View Post
Most if not all tuts on making your own client are using RABCDASM and you could also get yourself Yogda although not many using it now. JustAnoobROTMG has given codes for the updated 11.1.0 if you know how to get the swf from the game, there aee also tuts telling how to get these too.
Not sure troll or can't read. Answer my question, don't tell me use RABCDASM. Playing with Vector in RABCDASM is not fun, not fun at all. And debugging is a pain.
Quote Originally Posted by niuzr View Post
After 3hours work I finally got a compile-able version of rotmg 11.0.0 (ik it's 11.1.0 now) source code BUT WITHOUT ALL EMBEDDED ASSETS. There's too many of them and exporting them from ASV is a hell.

Here is my question:

Is there a quick way to deal with those assets?


I'm using FlashDevelop4.0 (Flex 3.4A) to compile and AS3Sorcerer1.9 to decompile.
You could write a program that will parse files given from RABCDASM and change them into what they need to be. Other than that, I don't see many other options. I don't have much experience with exporting them in that manner, so that's all the advice I can give you, and is exactly how I would do it.
Quote Originally Posted by dwdude View Post
You could write a program that will parse files given from RABCDASM and change them into what they need to be. Other than that, I don't see many other options. I don't have much experience with exporting them in that manner, so that's all the advice I can give you, and is exactly how I would do it.
RABCDASM does nothing with embed assets, only with DoABC Tag. I'm decompiling rotmg to as3 code, not avm bytecode.
Quote Originally Posted by niuzr View Post
After 3hours work I finally got a compile-able version of rotmg 11.0.0 (ik it's 11.1.0 now) source code BUT WITHOUT ALL EMBEDDED ASSETS. There's too many of them and exporting them from ASV is a hell.

Here is my question:

Is there a quick way to deal with those assets?


I'm using FlashDevelop4.0 (Flex 3.4A) to compile and AS3Sorcerer1.9 to decompile.
That's pretty impressive that you got something to compile in 3 hours time. I'm interested in how you managed to do it.

As a side note, I've managed to make a working project file under flashbuilder using flex 4.6.0. Most of the embedded assets load up with the debug copy of the .swf but not when I try to make a release copy. I really don't know enough about actionscript to fix these problems currently. How familiar are you with actionscript and embedding files? Maybe you can help me out with my decompiled as3 source.
Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
That's pretty impressive that you got something to compile in 3 hours time. I'm interested in how you managed to do it.

As a side note, I've managed to make a working project file under flashbuilder using flex 4.6.0. Most of the embedded assets load up with the debug copy of the .swf but not when I try to make a release copy. I really don't know enough about actionscript to fix these problems currently. How familiar are you with actionscript and embedding files? Maybe you can help me out with my decompiled as3 source.
Glad I can help. Yes,I'm quite familiar with AS3. Would you send me a copy of your project through PM?


Sorry for late reply, I was experiencing some internet problem.
Quote Originally Posted by niuzr View Post
Glad I can help. Yes,I'm quite familiar with AS3. Would you send me a copy of your project through PM?


Sorry for late reply, I was experiencing some internet problem.
Give me a day or two to get back to you on this. I've busy with other things at the moment and haven't had the time to make a project of the current build.

Also I'll need some way of getting in contact with you (normally I do this through pm's but you'll need 20 posts for that).
Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
Give me a day or two to get back to you on this. I've busy with other things at the moment and haven't had the time to make a project of the current build.

Also I'll need some way of getting in contact with you (normally I do this through pm's but you'll need 20 posts for that).
That's ok. You can just send me a .zip through email.
@niuzr You are not looking for the embedded medias, are you? If you, and I'm sorry if I could not read it as well, you could give swftools [1] a try.

the command is
Code:
swfextract --outputformat "extract_%06d.%s" -a 1- ../AssembleeGameClient[VERSION].swf
where sprintf style %s is the extension, and %06d the integer [ID]. source [2]

please ignore this post if it's not you are looking for

Code:
[1] http://www.swftools.org/
[2] http://wiki.swftools.org/wiki/Swfextract
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us