Learning practical ~advanced reverse engineering.

Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1
Learning practical ~advanced reverse engineering.
Good day everyone.

Trying to learn RE, i googled many tutorials, but most of them dont teach the skills needed to reverse some real ~complicated game.
I know good bit of C++ and can understand general Asm, and i wouldnt have problems with a simple hack for Minesweeper...

But here i have some 3d multiplayer action game, and im having difficulties. By the way, its also unpopular, so zero chances to find any hints about it.

I ve tried to track some functions through their keys(wasd...) by tracking SDL_Getkeystate but failed;
Next i ve tried to find players list through function which shows all teammates' money:
in pseudocode function looks like this:

Code:
for (int k = 0; k < teammates_count; k++)
{

int hismoney = i_suspect_plarr_7ECA1EC[976 * i_suspect_plarr_TWO_951300[k]] >> 8;   
//^Here i almost commited suicide. How do i deal with it ?

print ( hismoney );
}

Well, you see, just examples of how i'm getting stuck early. Could you please point me to some tutorial/book which teaches practical skills which would help with games ? I'm now reading 300 pages "Disassembling with IDA Pro", but it seems i wont find anything about game hacking there.
I like how you think hacking games is a practical use of reverse engineering. I don't actually understand what your code is doing, to me it seems to do nothing what-so-ever.
Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us