HelpVb Code READER !

Posts 16–22 of 22 · Page 2 of 2
The pos value is returning -1 which throws that error.
Perhaps add a check to see if the value is -1.

Code:
        If pos <> -1 Then
            RichTextBox1.Select(pos, oneWord.Length)
            RichTextBox1.SelectionColor = Color.Blue
        End If
Something small i noticed in your code.
You're increasing you pos by one pos += 1
Shouldn't you be changing the value to the last known position so you won't need to scan one by one.
I might of read the code incorrectly so i might be wrong.
Quote Originally Posted by Pingo View Post
The pos value is returning -1 which throws that error.
Perhaps add a check to see if the value is -1.

Code:
        If pos <> -1 Then
            RichTextBox1.Select(pos, oneWord.Length)
            RichTextBox1.SelectionColor = Color.Blue
        End If
Something small i noticed in your code.
You're increasing you pos by one pos += 1
Shouldn't you be changing the value to the last known position so you won't need to scan one by one.
I might of read the code incorrectly so i might be wrong.
I Think One is Better !!
But I'll Try ur Advice !!
and ALSO If The Code u Gave me !
What Should I Put in The Else ?!

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I Fixed It xD
But Nw I Need a Code That adds a Character at the end of every line in RichTextBox.Text To Start Finalizing My Project ![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

FaCinG Another Problem !!
This is The Final Code :
Code:
  Dim rx As New Regex("AddHandler |AddressOf |Alias |And |AndAlso |Ansi |As |Assembly |Auto |Boolean |ByRef |Byte|" + _
"ByVal |Call |Case |Catch |CBool |CByte |CChar |CDate |CDec |CDbl |Char |CInt |Class |CLng |CObj |Const |CShort |CSng |" + _
"CStr |CType |Date |Decimal |Declare |Default |Delegate |Dim |DirectCast |Do |Double |Each |Else |ElseIf |End |Enum |" + _
"Erase |Error |Event |Exit |False|Finally |For |Friend |Function |Get |GetType |GoSub |GoTo |Handles |If |Implements |Imports |" + _
"In |Inherits |Integer |Interface |Is |Let |Lib |Like |Long |Loop |Me |Mod |Module |MustInherit |MustOverride |MyBase |" + _
"MyClass |Namespace |New |Next|Not |Nothing |NotInheritable |NotOverridable |Object |On |Option |Optional |Or |OrElse |" + _
"Overloads |Overridable |Overrides |ParamArray |Preserve |Private |Property |Protected |Public |RaiseEvent |ReadOnly |ReDim |" + _
"REM |RemoveHandler |Resume |Return |Select |Set |Shadows |Shared |Short |Single |Static |Step |Stop |String |Structure |Sub |" + _
"SyncLock |Then |Throw |To |True |Try |TypeOf |Unicode |Until |Variant |When |While |With |WithEvents |WriteOnly |Xor |#Const |#ExternalSource |#If...Then...#Else |#Region |")
        RichTextBox1.Select(0, RichTextBox1.Text.Length)
        RichTextBox1.SelectionColor = Color.Black
        For Each m As Match In rx.Matches(RichTextBox1.Text)
            RichTextBox1.SelectionStart = m.Index
            RichTextBox1.SelectionLength = m.Value.Length

            RichTextBox1.SelectionColor = Color.Blue
        Next
        rx = New Regex(""".+""")
        For Each m As Match In rx.Matches(RichTextBox1.Text)
            RichTextBox1.SelectionStart = m.Index
            RichTextBox1.SelectionLength = m.Value.Length
            RichTextBox1.SelectionColor = Color.Maroon
        Next
This Bold Line is The Problem !!
I have it in my code for not to let all Text Change to Blue !!
But The Problem is When I Start Typing in a LONG CODE !!
it Goes Till The ZERO and Start Highlighting All again !!
So How to Make it start From The Place I'm Typing in
AM I TALKING TO MYSELF HERE !! -.-
Quote Originally Posted by rileyjstrickland View Post
Why not just try Regex?
Okaii !
Get a Life !!
Quote Originally Posted by steveroseik View Post
Okaii !
Get a Life !!
Listen up you fat piece of shit,
I was trying to help you and you insult me, therefor I shall insult you.
You're on my shitlist now, but then again, people who can't even speakpe English usually end up on it.
Quote Originally Posted by rileyjstrickland View Post
Listen up you fat piece of shit,
I was trying to help you and you insult me, therefor I shall insult you.
You're on my shitlist now, but then again, people who can't even speakpe English usually end up on it.
Soo .. -.-
What Should i Do ?
I Can't Keep a Conversation with Childs !
YA KOS OMAK !
Posts 16–22 of 22 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us