New surprise box exploit?

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
New surprise box exploit?
I have seen people getting a lot of items from these boxes. they usually say "xxx has obtained +10 maelstorm demain from +10 maelstorm demain" like uhh since when did that start happening? No one has said a thing, is it because everyone is abusing it?
No exploit, just people opening 100+ boxes at a time.
if it's not an exploit, why does it say the name of the weapon twice over instead of the box name. It makes no sense. This was mentioned once or twice recently on the vindi forums but everyone is hush hush about it.
Quote Originally Posted by thejohnny9211 View Post
if it's not an exploit, why does it say the name of the weapon twice over instead of the box name. It makes no sense. This was mentioned once or twice recently on the vindi forums but everyone is hush hush about it.
It's done that for quite a while now - I have no clue why, but I know perfectly legitimate people who were ecstatic over getting their super-rare item. Come to think of it, I don't think it's ever said "Name has obtained XXX from Weapon Surprise Supplies".

The reason for this is probably something along the lines of DevCat messing up a String.Format (or equivalent). They probably use

Code:
//pseudo-code

notification.Send(String.Format("%playername% has obtained %item% from %origin%",Player.Name,Item.Name,Item.Name));
//as opposed to
notification.Send(String.Format("%playername% has obtained %item% from %origin%",Player.Name,Item.Name,Origin.Name));
Yeah it used to say something along the lines of "xxx has obtained whatever from surprise supplies" it's just strange how it's like that now, so I just figured there was some glitch or exploit. Though I had no idea you could obtain thunder rings from those boxes.
Quote Originally Posted by thejohnny9211 View Post
Yeah it used to say something along the lines of "xxx has obtained whatever from surprise supplies" it's just strange how it's like that now, so I just figured there was some glitch or exploit. Though I had no idea you could obtain thunder rings from those boxes.
I've seen CMA from em, so why not?
Quote Originally Posted by thejohnny9211 View Post
Yeah it used to say something along the lines of "xxx has obtained whatever from surprise supplies" it's just strange how it's like that now, so I just figured there was some glitch or exploit. Though I had no idea you could obtain thunder rings from those boxes.
It's a bug in the game that it uses the wrong code to show these messages.
Because they're weapon/armor surprise supplies and not accessory supplies.
Quote Originally Posted by thejohnny9211 View Post
Because they're weapon/armor surprise supplies and not accessory supplies.
what do you consider gg, fishing poles as? armors or weapons?
Quote Originally Posted by Wasabixi View Post
what do you consider gg, fishing poles as? armors or weapons?
fishing pole is a weapon, a tool for the purpose of catching fish or hooking junk at the bottom of the water. gg is also a weapon, it is a weapon of immortality.
Quote Originally Posted by kingston01 View Post
fishing pole is a weapon, a tool for the purpose of catching fish or hooking junk at the bottom of the water. gg is also a weapon, it is a weapon of immortality.
uh huh, and accessories are weapons and armor in and of themselves, boosting raw strength, amplyfing magic power of the users.
How did this go from a question about possible exploit to an argument between what is a weapon / armor? l0l
I know this exploit. buy 10 boxes. go to an empty emtpy channel that no1 goes to. get fortune in rocheste vai fountain. stay there and open like crazy. friend got 3 thundre rings +10 maelstrom hook. and a few other things
so ya... try tht. if you get your stuff then theres your answer sir.
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us