Where do I start?

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
Where do I start?
Believe it or not im actually a halfway competent JAVA programmer. Ive been programming for years. I know all about Loops, recursion, Class heiarchy etc.

BUT i know nothing about hacking o_O?.... dont even know where to begin.....I see that most haks ro wriiten in VisualBasic... which i dont think is a real language >.<. If anyone has experience writing hacks in java i would love the help in getting started.

Plus i know quite a bit about more advanced programming....so...u know maybe i can help u guys out :l... or something.

Thx in advanced and btw im new which is why i sound like a nub >.>


Heres a sample of some of my work.... it was part of a zipcode program.... dont ask.
Code:
public class BarMaker 
{
	
	public static String makeBar(String zipcode)
	{
		//Varibles for this method_________________________________________________//
		int checkDigit = 0;
		int zipnum = 0;
		String barcode = "|";
		String[] tenStrings = {"1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9","0"};
		int [] tenNumbers = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0};
		S
tring[] bars = {":::||","::|:|","::||:",":|::|",":|:|:",":||::","|:::|","|::|:","|:|::","||:::"};
		if(BarMaker.itLooksLikeAnInteger(zipcode))
		{
			for(int i = 0; i <= 4; i++)
			{
				
				String k = zipcode.substring(i,i+1);
				
				for(int x = 0; x <= 9; x++)
				{
					if(k.equals(tenStrings[x]))
					{
						zipnum += (tenNumbers[x]* Math.pow(10, 5 - i-1));
						barcode += bars[x];
					}
				}

			}
			
			if(zipnum%10 != 0)
			{
				//System.out.println(zipnum);
				int temp = zipnum%10;
				checkDigit= 10 - temp;
				barcode += bars[checkDigit];
			}
			else
			{
				barcode += bars[9];
			}
		}
		barcode += "|";
		return barcode;
	}
	
	
	
	
	public static boolean itLooksLikeAnInteger (String zipcode)
	{
		//Variables for this method____________________________________________________________________________//
		boolean numbersAreIntegers = false;
		int numberOfNumbers = 0;
		String[] tenStrings = {"1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9","0"};
		
		//Loops Check size of zipcode and determines weather characters are in fact numbers____________________//
		for(int i = 0; i <= 4; i++)
		{
			String k = zipcode.substring(i,i+1);
			for(int x = 0; x <= 9; x++)
			{
				if(k.equals(tenStrings[x]))
				{
					numberOfNumbers++;
				}
			}
		}
			
		//If zipcode is in fact a zipcode return true__________________________________________________________//
		if((zipcode.length() == 5) && (numberOfNumbers == 5))
		{
			numbersAreIntegers = true;
		}
		
		return numbersAreIntegers;
	}

}
I dabbled in Java for a few days once but, I purposely decided to go with C++ because most of the applications I reverse use it and thus I can get more comfortable with the environment. Each language, and compiler, can effect dissasembly to some extent...

... I'm not sure what you want to hear exactly but, the language you use to compile your hacks, isn't near as important as your skills in ASM, which you make your hacks with. Hacking is simply the art of breaking down, and RE engineering already compiled applications, in any language. You just need to learn a few things and get a few tools and start expanding yourself and understand. Good luck...
two questions :
1. ummm wats AWM o_O?

2. What kind of tools do i need to reverse a program? And how can i figure out how a program like Combat Arms works if i cant see the source code -_-?
1. AWM? Do you mean ASM? It's, most basically said, the 'language' you write/read when hacking any games or software, although, there are other methods and the programming needs are usually seperate.
2. Memory Searchers and Debuggers and Tutorials. Combat Arms will be just like any other game after you find ways around it's different protection methods.
I'm not really sure you can use Java for hacking since its so damn sandboxed. This is all they teach in my school though, so im stuck with it for now.
Apparently theres a way to do it, but its really high level Java stuff... its a lot easier to do it in C++. Course i'm still learning C++ :P...
You know what I would like to see, like a private video watching someone from step 1. make a hack for a game.. That would help me out the most.
Java isn't compiled into anything that can be executed directly, this is a HUGE downfall when it comes to programming a hack. However, as far as the hacks that are made in VB(which I agree, isn't even a language), you can write similar applications, as Java does have access to the APIs exposed to it(not directly though). But you're not going to be writing any drivers in such a language, but you wouldn't be doing that in any .Net language either.
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us