Coding? -what is it.

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Progreming? -what is it.
Well after ive been hacking all the possible games and waiting days and nights
for hacks to come I decided that I want to be "the guy" that public thoose hacks.
Well ive start looking around forums of Progreming/coding and c / c++ / java , etc...
and I just want to know the basics, what is the basic thing I should lern
because there just so many progrems and so many tourtails and if someone
could just direct me to the right way it would be much easier.
(I dont sure if Coding/Progreming is the right word or w/e i just want to lern the basics of writing data and staff)
I guess that alot of choobs like me come every week and asking for help
but im really lost in here...
So if someoen can give me the first "push" im sure ill be able to support the comunity later.
Thanks.
hmmmmm.... starting at square one huh.... well a lot of people would just jump right into it with u and get you to make your first program.... but im not one of those people. XD

I think its better to understand basic concepts and then work ur way into specifics:


So ok.... lets start at square one:

1. The device you are using right now is called a computer
2. A computer is an advancement of the light switch you see on that wall in your room (A computer is composed of millions of switches turning on and off at blinding speeds)
3. Each individual switch is usually called a bit.
4. Now when u get enough bits u get a byte (eight bits make a byte)
5. Each byte is a memory location (A switch made of eight other switches... like the circuit board in your garage)

Note: the reason im using the word "switch" is becauses switches have only two states On or Off. And a bit has only two states...On or Off. However when people refer to the on and off states they usually use 0's and 1's. This is where the convention of bit code was created... u know "01000101010"....binary.

Now u have already learned your first code. The binary system is a code language developed to understand the on and off states off the bits.

But you wouldnt want to write a program like say a text editor in binary... dear god that would take forever.... so higher level languages were created:
On the bottom is Machine Language... the on and off states...memory locations
And at the top most functions the ones ur using right now to read this post... or play a game is the User Interface....

User Interface: The user interface takes all that crap ( millions of on and off switches and turns it in to one easy to click virtual button to enter a post)

What most programmers use now days to create programs is object-oriented programming.

Object Oriented Programming: Is a higher level language then Machine Language. In fact programming languages are tools created by programmers to make complex tasks more effecient. For example:

Take your calculator for instance... you type in 20*20... in reality all your calculator does is add 20 to 20 20 times. So it does this (20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+2 0+20+20+20) but computers can do this simple repetitive task a million times faster then us humans.
So all u typed is 20*20 but really u made all this happen: (20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+20+2 0+20+20+20)!!! Pretty Cool right?!

That is what programmers do in object oriented languages like: C++, Java, VisualBasic, D3D, etc.

Another example is the php code we use to type our posts... look i can make my text....REALLY BIG by typing: [php]REALLY BIG[/php] or i can make it really small by typing this around my words: [php]really small[/php]

You see "size" is a parameter that affect the actual size the words are displayed on the screen. By assigning different values to the parameter "size" i can cause things to happen on my GUI (graphical user interface)

Hacking is a superior understanding of program logic.
A regular user may be like: "Oooo i clik teh button and it goes Boom Headshot fk yeh!!! Woooo!", but a hacker understands that when you click the button on ur mouse a request is going to the game to make you fire your virtual gun, and that in the game there are certain sound files and three-dimensional effects to create the whole Boom headshot scene.

Before I continue on I think this is where u should start: "Hello World"
Its the basic intro to every language. Once you learn that you need to go all the way back down the ladder to machine language lol xD. This is because programs dont just give out their source code( aka the code used to make the desired features happen when ran by the computer... sorta like the php code i showed u earlier i used to make the word sizes change. It doesn't change the size while i type it.... only after i finish and is processed by the site and turned into a post. wo_Ot!
Well ure replay was so intresting I will spare with words cause hurry
but I have to say thank you on the long replay.
You have left me with few questions...
First Hello World is a program right? if not what is it, should I lern it? if yes how/from where and if not
what should I lern?
Also im sorry for my bad english but I couldent really understand the word "graphical user interface".
Agien thanks and the replay was very intresting!
Cant wait to start lerning.
Hmmmmm what language do you speak?

Just so you know programming is not something you learn overnight, it takes atleast a year to get a good understanding of C++. I however took classes in Java, I know some about C++, but only because C++ and Java are similar languages. I could help you learn Java but I reccommend you find someone who knows a lot about C++, because I won't be able to help you until Ive had a little more experience in it.

BTW: "Hello World" is just a program beginners write that prints out "Hello World" in a console. Its very beginner level stuff, just gets you an feel of what coding is like.

You can probably start to teach yourself, but u need to find a C++ compiler and some tutorial or guides.... Ummmm I dont want to suggest any because Im not experienced in C++, but ask around in the C++ section. Ask for a Compiler thats easy for beginners to use and some good tutorials.
I speak hebrew and im quite aftreid that my english wont be good enf .
But if ill buy a book in hebrew (that I dont even sure there is 1) it might
wont work real good cause basicly all thoose progrems running on english and ..u know what
i mean.
Another thing is that there so many books of C++ so its kinda hard to pick the rigth 1
So i want to know if I need to be a real expert in english to understand everything
or its not that hard.
Also c/c++/c# what come first? what should i lern?
how off topic! i like this post xD
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?