how/why did you get into learning a coding language

Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
how/why did you get into learning a coding language
i am just starting on c++. and i mean i am JUST starting on c++ so i know nothing about it. but i'm starting cause well i kind of want to "contribute" *have my own hacks* to the comunity. which i don't think is a fully good reason to start. i have no real eye on money...yet but i have always wanted to learn a coding language.

so what got you guys to start maybe it'll help inspire me
One of the best tutorials in the internet is C++ Language Tutorial

As for why I started, I was bored and had nothing better to do so I was like "what the hell, I'll make a few CA hacks for the MPGH community"
Quote Originally Posted by supernova2131 View Post
One of the best tutorials in the internet is C++ Language Tutorial

As for why I started, I was bored and had nothing better to do so I was like "what the hell, I'll make a few CA hacks for the MPGH community"
That tutorial annoys me because while it's easy to understand and compact, it reasonably explains everything, while i'm still foolin' around with my 1000 page book. But ignore me, i'm just being envious.
Quote Originally Posted by bluegang6 View Post
same, i have also started learning C++, and i have come across:
C++ Primer Plus » eBooks FREE Download » C/C++/C# Ebooks free download
i have read the first 15 pages (yes, outta 1200) can any coder have a look and tell me if it is good (im sorry, i just dont want to make a spam thread, i know im a bit offtopic, but this may help the person above ^
=p Yep, that's the book i'm using. I like it because it explains everything in detail. I tend to be obsessive compulsive with things like decision making, and being sure that i'm doing the best thing possible. (I.E. i'm a knowledge whore i guess, if only i wasn't so damned lazy)

Either way more on topic: My reason for learning c++ is to learn a programming language just to get a feel for programming. Or rather, become more experienced in programminf
so far only one person gave me a reason. and its not that inspiring. and hes got the same reason i'm starting. its alright. i'm planning on spending a year on c++ and then move onto a different language. whats another language that would be great with c++ since we're already off topic.
To destroy the enemy we call Nexon.
Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
To destroy the enemy we call Nexon.
Yeah but without nexon you wouldn't have a game to hack :/
what about destroying subagames?! it always revolves about nexon now.
the reason i started C++ was because i was bored and had nothing to do, but i can not get through the book mentioned above because i think i have A.D.D and i cant read like 50 pages, let alone 1000+ i guess ima more of a visual learner oO
back on topic, ya, that's why and who inspired me? ugh, i guess i insipired myself, i was like wth? im bored ima go learn somthing (yes, in the summer)
What if we send nexon the world's biggest virus? =o
Quote Originally Posted by supernova2131 View Post
What if we send nexon the world's biggest virus? =o
Then you wouldn't be able to play the game(s) you are addicted to, and you would commit suicide.
This is one of the better threads i've seen this week. I think it would be interesting to see why people start, or started. I started because I thought it'd make me e-cool to be honest. But now, I do it with great pride as a way of life and to expand myself and build a valuable skill set. Hacking games by certain fail-companies is a good fun too, though.
Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
This is one of the better threads i've seen this week. I think it would be interesting to see why people start, or started. I started because I thought it'd make me e-cool to be honest. But now, I do it with great pride as a way of life and to expand myself and build a valuable skill set. Hacking games by certain fail-companies is a good fun too, though.
Kudos to you Toy *holds up a beer bottle in honor of Toymaker*
I am not addicted to any game(s)
.....
.....
.....
'>.>
<.<'
Iam going to become a game maker, also i just feel like learning this XD

------------------------------------------------------
Bored as hell, might try to learn in collage XD
Posts 1–15 of 20 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us