Making a PC

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Making a PC
Making a me a desktop for when I go off to college. Here's what I got so far.

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K - Newegg.com
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
Graphics: ASUS HD7770-2GD5 Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com
Monitor: ASUS VE247H Black 23.6" Full HD HDMI LCD Monitor w/Speakers - Newegg.com

I know I'm missing pieces, this is just what I'm looking at now. Thoughts? Good? Bad?
​It's looking pretty good so far. You're going to need a good cooling system, I'd suggest Liquid.
Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
​It's looking pretty good so far. You're going to need a good cooling system, I'd suggest Liquid.
Liquid cooling with that CPU? Not necessary.

Yeah the build looks great and future proof for the next year or so depending on what comes out.


---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftdude View Post


I was feeling 6 or 8.
6 is what the peak will be at, if you want extra space just in case go for 8. but if you're going more than 1 monitor I'd look for 12.
Looks good, but i think if you have a good air cooling system with some fans in the case it should be enough too

I currently use the i7 3770k and a geforce gtx 670 only with some fans and i always have it below 50° also when im playing bf3 on ultra etc
It's awesome so far. Don't go out buying 32 gigs of ram. if you have 8 gigs of ram you'll do just fine
Quote Originally Posted by darkajapan View Post
It's awesome so far. Don't go out buying 32 gigs of ram. if you have 8 gigs of ram you'll do just fine
I was feeling 6 or 8.
Pretty nice so far.
i am not sure about 7770 if you have more money i would go for 7870
Quote Originally Posted by Delko DJ View Post
i am not sure about 7770 if you have more money i would go for 7870
That or go splurge and get the 7950.
Good luck, hope it's successful
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?