Reading Addresses

Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1
Reading Addresses
Ok, I have a problem that I just cant seem to solve:

Im trying to start off easy and make a console application that will read my HP from a game.
So far these are the addresses I got:
Code:
Address: 25D362C4 Value: 2088 //This is the dynamic one of my first scan
	Address: 0A3F6044 Offset: 494 Value: 2088 //This is the second scan
	Address: 00BBC9CC Offset: 34 Value: 2088 // This was my third scan
I stopped after the third scan because the 00BBC9CC address was green

When implementing this into the program, I am able to read from 25D362C4 by doing this:
Code:
DWORD firstpoint = {0x25D362C4};
ReadProcessMemory(testhandle, (void*)(firstpoint),&hpbar, 4, 0);
When i try it for the second address I try this:
Code:
DWORD secondpoint = {0x0a3f6044};
DWORD off = {0x494};
ReadProcessMemory(testhandle, (void*)(secondpoint+off),&test, 4, 0);
When i run it I get 45774, so im not sure what happened. Im keeping my computer on and the game(no afk kick ) so I can still use these addresses as examples for your reply. Any help would be appreciated
Code:
DWORD secondpoint = {0x0a3f6044};
DWORD off = {0x494};
ReadProcessMemory(testhandle, (void*)(secondpoint+off),&test, 4, 0);
Pointers don't work like that. You first need to read secondpoint
Code:
ReadProcessMemory(testhandle, (void*)(secondpoint),&test, 4, 0);
Convert the buffer (test) to dword. The buffer converted is your next address then you add the offset.
Read address at (buffer+off)
Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us