AngryHelpKeychange - impossible?

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Keychange - impossible?
I've tried to change the key to Arma 2 OA for a while now.

I downloaded some Arma 2 OA keychanger and changed the key with it. It seemed to work, the key had been changed but when I started Arma it gave me the error "Bad serial number given in setup"...
I did this:

Hit your start button and type in run
In the run bar type in "regedit" *DON'T EDIT ANYTHING unless you know what youre doing*
Search for the folder Arma 2 OA , here:

Common Locations
"hkey_local_machine/software/bohemia interactive/arma 2 oa" or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA

Note: you can use the search function to find "Arma 2 oa" - Edit drop menu, then search.

Right click on the folder arma 2oa that contains your KEY ,hit permissions, then advanced.

Select Administrators, hit edit, Change "Set Value" to Deny .. save
So every time I change my serial key I can't even get to the loading screen.. My other key is banned and that one is set as "default" somehow because steam seems to be changing it back to that after I gave it permission again.


Any ideas?
Instead of even using steam you can just do this :
1. Change the Key
2. Open up the Arma 2 OA Directory (I assume you know the path, ill put it at the end in case you dont)
3. Click on _runA2CO
4. Game will open and key will be what you changed it to. You can make a desktop icon of the _runA2CO to ease running it.


If that doesnt work (did for me) Im sorry but i know nothing else.
Directory path :
Computer > Local Disk (C: ) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > common > arma 2 operation arrowhead
Quote Originally Posted by GoneForLunch View Post
Instead of even using steam you can just do this :
1. Change the Key
2. Open up the Arma 2 OA Directory (I assume you know the path, ill put it at the end in case you dont)
3. Click on _runA2CO
4. Game will open and key will be what you changed it to. You can make a desktop icon of the _runA2CO to ease running it.


If that doesnt work (did for me) Im sorry but i know nothing else.
Directory path :
Computer > Local Disk (C: ) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > common > arma 2 operation arrowhead
I can manage to launch arma 2 via the cmd file, but when I launch it through dayz commander and actually try to connect it tells me that I'm still banned!
(Even though I changed key?)

And If I don't launch it via the cmd file it tells me "Bad serial... etc".

I've checked the key I'm using and Darky Key Changer tells me it's not banned!
Any idea? :s
What mod are you trying to load into?
Check the files with steam or re-install with commander (it won't re-install it just checks the files) and you should be good to go

Btw if you use your usual steam account steam will change the key back to the banned one. You need to create a new account in steam, there are ways to prevent this though
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us