HelpFinding the value needed

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Finding the value needed


Because I am learning coding I was trying to figure out why bases use there code and how they found it.
So I was checking the ReloadAnimratio and I found these 3 lines:

MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[10DB1694] This is the weapon pointer or whatever you call it.
LEA EDI,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX+ESI*4] Here I can see what I see in bases posted on MPGH, I just don't have a clue of the value of ESI. I hope somebody could explain this to me.
MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDI]
FSTP DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+C3C] Here the offset got added

So I have 2 questions:
1. What is the ESI register doing and what is it value?
2. How do people found out that the no reload value has to be 100 for no reload?
Quote Originally Posted by Skulhead = hacked. View Post


Because I am learning coding I was trying to figure out why bases use there code and how they found it.
So I was checking the ReloadAnimratio and I found these 3 lines:

MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[10DB1694] This is the weapon pointer or whatever you call it.
LEA EDI,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX+ESI*4] Here I can see what I see in bases posted on MPGH, I just don't have a clue of the value of ESI. I hope somebody could explain this to me.
MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[EDI]
FSTP DWORD PTR DS:[EAX+C3C] Here the offset got added

So I have 2 questions:
1. What is the ESI register doing and what is it value?
2. How do people found out that the no reload value has to be 100 for no reload?
ESI = Source Index = source pointer for string operations
NoReload's string is: "ReloadAnimRatio" that means "Ratio"
So:
ReloadSpeed = NormalReload * ReloadAnimRatio

The Normalreload should be a constant, or somebody could find it somewhere...
I mean:
Especially it speed up the 3D Animation file's reloading sequence in the memory...
You would need a REZ mod, if you don't want to use ReloadAnimRatio...
Quote Originally Posted by rabir007 View Post


ESI = Source Index = source pointer for string operations
NoReload's string is: "ReloadAnimRatio" that means "Ratio"
So:
ReloadSpeed = NormalReload * ReloadAnimRatio

The Normalreload should be a constant, or somebody could find it somewhere...
I mean:
Especially it speed up the 3D Animation file's reloading sequence in the memory...
You would need a REZ mod, if you don't want to use ReloadAnimRatio...
Thanks! I get it now
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us