[Help] Program to generate a second .exe

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
[Help] Program to generate a second .exe
I've been working on a program for a while and I'm stuck at this part. I want my Program to generate an exe with the code i choose.
I want to have my main client have to have a button where If I click it, it will come up asking me where I want to save this generated .exe file, how would I put the code in for this second .exe?

For example:
lets say I want my generated .Exe to say "messagebox.show("Hello")" How would I do this?
So when I run my second exe file it will come up with a message box saying hello.

Sorry if you dont understand what I mean, Im kinda tired.

Cheers
I didn't get what you want
you want to make a button on clicking on it open exe file?
Quote Originally Posted by Matroix73 View Post
I didn't get what you want
you want to make a button on clicking on it open exe file?
Its hard to explain, let me get more details in it.

Ok now I have finished making my Form1 (aka My Program in VB.net), So now I want to add a button in my Form1 (aka My Program) to generate a separate exe to have the settings I have in my Form1. Get what I mean? Say in my form1 I have a Text box that whatever text you put in there, it says it when you run the separate exe that is generated.

That might be more helpful.

Cheers.
I posted something Here that might help you.
Very basic and you would need to add any events and settings but it might help get you started.
 
Simple GUI


Just create something that allows you to edit form2.
I used this method to create a trainer maker.
I think you asking for that :
I made and Project with 2 Forms
First Form : Had an button and when i click on this button it saves the other Form .exe on the Computer
Second Form : Any Form you want to make
But, I think you must only work on your main Form and the File you want to save on the Computer put it in Resources
Then, Write this code below Public Class Form1 :
Code:
Public Sub SaveFromResources(ByVal FilePath As String, ByVal File As Object)
        Dim FByte() As Byte = File
        My.Computer.FileSystem.WriteAllBytes(FilePath, FByte, True)
    End Sub
Go to the Save Button and write this :
Code:
SaveFromResources("SaveOnComputerLoaction", My.Resources.FileName)
Credits : @steveroseik
you mean
for example:

in first .exe you add button1 and rename to skype and double click on skype button and this code to open skype from first .exe
add this code in button click
Shell(".exe")
I got my second form working, but now all I need is it to remember what code it was given in form1.

right now Im trying to make it remember the text in the textbox from form1.
In form1 I have a textbox and a Button. The button generates the second Form (form2) and saves it to the desktop and in it has a button which if pressed it says the text from forms1 (form1) textbox.

So how do I get the second form (form2) to remember the text from Form1?

cheers.
Quote Originally Posted by gw4TW4TEGHhaerygh325425 View Post
I got my second form working, but now all I need is it to remember what code it was given in form1.

right now Im trying to make it remember the text in the textbox from form1.
In form1 I have a textbox and a Button. The button generates the second Form (form2) and saves it to the desktop and in it has a button which if pressed it says the text from forms1 (form1) textbox.

So how do I get the second form (form2) to remember the text from Form1?

cheers.
Can't understand you -.-
Quote Originally Posted by Nexero View Post

Can't understand you -.-
ok

I want my Form2.exe to remember the text from Form1.exe. My Form2.exe is created from my Form1.exe.
How can I make it so Form2.exe remembers the text from my Form1.exe.

its kinda like how a Log in remembers your log in details.

I want to know how can I make Form2.exe remember the text from Form1.exe
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us