.net Issue

Posts 16–29 of 29 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
Ameer, don't be mad at me
Ain't even made
You might get infracted/warned if first time ...
Quote Originally Posted by Janitor View Post

Ain't even made
You might get infracted/warned if first time ...
But but.. I was merely asking for some help.
Be gentle with me.
Quote Originally Posted by radnomguywfq3 View Post
No one here gives a blue fuck about where you post your shit if you have > 10 posts. Plus infractions literally mean nothing. I've gotten like 6.
I've gotten 0, but anyhow.
It works, thanks for your help - I just have to locate the missing maps, but I can do that on my own.
Here's some rep.
Quote Originally Posted by radnomguywfq3 View Post
No one here gives a blue fuck about where you post your shit if you have > 10 posts. Plus infractions literally mean nothing. I've gotten like 6.
That explains why members are creating disputes for this reason.
What a GMod .
Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post


Ameer, don't be mad at me



My OS is run from C (obviously) and as I don't want it clogged up from all my crap I have almost everything I run on my D:drive.
K I'm assuming that Steam was installed on D then.

This should work, but I won't make any promises. It assumes steam is at:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
or
D:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe

Really I should have used environment variables now that I look back on it but w\e. I disabled the saving feature so avoid that (it was too much work to compile)
Quote Originally Posted by radnomguywfq3 View Post
K I'm assuming that Steam was installed on D then.

This should work, but I won't make any promises. It assumes steam is at:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
or
D:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe

Really I should have used environment variables now that I look back on it but w\e. I disabled the saving feature so avoid that (it was too much work to compile
You can now remove the link, thanks for your help.
Gonna try it out right away.
Using the exception information you posted, I found the program and function where it fails.

C#:
Code:
private void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (this.ListBox1.SelectedItems.Count == 1)
    {
        ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new ProcessStartInfo();
        if (Operators.ConditionalCompareObjectEqual(GenerateArchitecture(), 0x40, false))
        {
            startInfo.FileName = @"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe";
        }
        else
        {
            startInfo.FileName = @"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe";
        }

// ..... Redacted
It assumes the Steam is installed on the C: drive. To solve this, create a symbolic link in Command Prompt:
32-bit:
Code:
mklink /D "C:\Program Files\Steam" "<path to actual Steam directory>"
64-bit:
Code:
mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" "<path to actual Steam directory>"
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
Using the exception information you posted, I found the program and function where it fails.

C#:
Code:
private void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (this.ListBox1.SelectedItems.Count == 1)
    {
        ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new ProcessStartInfo();
        if (Operators.ConditionalCompareObjectEqual(GenerateArchitecture(), 0x40, false))
        {
            startInfo.FileName = @"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe";
        }
        else
        {
            startInfo.FileName = @"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe";
        }

// ..... Redacted
It assumes the Steam is installed on the C: drive. To solve this, create a symbolic link in Command Prompt:
32-bit:
Code:
mklink /D "C:\Program Files\Steam" "<path to actual Steam directory>"
64-bit:
Code:
mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" "<path to actual Steam directory>"
You can't use mklink accross storage volumes. Two different filesystems, and symbolic links exist in the filesystem.

Unless I have misunderstood the mklink tool.

Anyway, we've already resolved the problem.
Quote Originally Posted by radnomguywfq3 View Post
You can't use mklink accross storage volumes. Two different filesystems, and symbolic links exist in the filesystem.
I've tested them across storage volumes and it works fine but they were both formatted as NTFS.

PS - Symbolic links work across different file systems whereas hardlinks don't.
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
I've tested them across storage volumes and it works fine but they were both formatted as NTFS.

PS - Symbolic links work across different file systems whereas hardlinks don't.
Yeah just looked it up, you are correct. I was thinking of hard links.
Just in case anybody had this problem also im making another version with sandboxie/seperate drive support. Also the reason i completely ignored that feature is because I initially created the program for a friend an I that were tired of copypasting launch options into steam. I never got any responses on the first 2 posts of the program either, but I am glad the bug was found.
Posts 16–29 of 29 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us