HelpMemory Allocation

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Memory Allocation
I'm using the new cracked client for 1.6.2 and I tried allocating more memory to it through the new way of doing it

I used this method:

Since Minecraft version 1.6.X you can use the new launcher. With this, it is possible to integrate Java commands directly into the game. Here is what you have to do:
  1. Download and execute the new launcher
  2. In the section "Profile Selection" click on "Edit Profile"
  3. Under "Java Settings (Advanced), activate "JVM Arguments" and add into the text area this argument:
    Code:
    -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M
  4. Save this profile and execute Minecraft. You will always start with 2GB of RAM
This is the error I get.
Code:
Client> Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx8192M
Client> The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.
Game ended with bad state (exit code 1)
Deleting .\.minecraft\versions\1.6.2\1.6.2-natives-68614959524194
Screenshot of what it looks like down below

hv51t.jpg105 KB · 4 downloads
Bump

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix it?
Quote Originally Posted by asdfdude View Post
Bump

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix it?
The error code told you Exactly what was wrong, my good sir. "The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size."You're going over the maximum amount of RAM minecraft can actually take. 1gb is PLENTY for Minecraft. If you're lagging, It's most likely caused by your processor. Try getting optifine instead of allocating more RAM. Here's something I found online:
"x64 systems can allocate as much RAM as they want
x32 systems can allocate up to 1GB " Goodluck.
Quote Originally Posted by cubanelite View Post
The error code told you Exactly what was wrong, my good sir. "The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size."You're going over the maximum amount of RAM minecraft can actually take. 1gb is PLENTY for Minecraft. If you're lagging, It's most likely caused by your processor. Try getting optifine instead of allocating more RAM. Here's something I found online:
"x64 systems can allocate as much RAM as they want
x32 systems can allocate up to 1GB " Goodluck.

Thanks!

My system is 64-bit so that's strange haha
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us