HelpSUPER loud computer

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
SUPER loud computer
This custom built computer is only 2 months old, and right now it's extremely loud that you have no idea how annoying it is. -.-
The temperature of it right now is really low, (according to speedfan, that is) and yet it's still so loud. However when I turn the air conditioning on, the thing where the air comes out of is right next to my computer, and when I turn it to cool it becomes almost silent but the temperature is close to the same. How do I fix this? I can't even watch my Television downstairs without hearing it.
Quote Originally Posted by Emo_Taco View Post
This custom built computer is only 2 months old, and right now it's extremely loud that you have no idea how annoying it is. -.-
The temperature of it right now is really low, (according to speedfan, that is) and yet it's still so loud. However when I turn the air conditioning on, the thing where the air comes out of is right next to my computer, and when I turn it to cool it becomes almost silent but the temperature is close to the same. How do I fix this? I can't even watch my Television downstairs without hearing it.
Did you mess with your hard drive? It could be that.
I didn't touch anything, my dad helped build it. The only same thing that we kept from my old computer was the hard drive and the case. It's rather old and only holds 200 gigs. However, my dad has a 1 Terabyte hard drive that he bought from Goodwill for $1. It still works but the computer said something about it not being stable.
Quote Originally Posted by Emo_Taco View Post
I didn't touch anything, my dad helped build it. The only same thing that we kept from my old computer was the hard drive and the case. It's rather old and only holds 200 gigs. However, my dad has a 1 Terabyte hard drive that he bought from Goodwill for $1. It still works but the computer said something about it not being stable.
Alright, first issue: You bought a $1 HD from Goodwill. Second issue: Without specifying what kind of noise it is, it will be hard for us to find out anything. Could be coil whine, just a noisy hard drive, your PSU, GPU fan, etc..
Quote Originally Posted by oenigmaa View Post
Alright, first issue: You bought a $1 HD from Goodwill. Second issue: Without specifying what kind of noise it is, it will be hard for us to find out anything. Could be coil whine, just a noisy hard drive, your PSU, GPU fan, etc..
The noise sounds like a loud fan. And I'm not using the 1 Terabye hard drive, I'm using the 200 gig one.
Quote Originally Posted by Emo_Taco View Post
The noise sounds like a loud fan. And I'm not using the 1 Terabye hard drive, I'm using the 200 gig one.
Go on google, buy a torque screwdriver and find the factory setting torque of the hard drive because its not screwed with the correct pressure and thats whats causing the sound.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us