ExclamationNew (leaked) MMOE Private Server Tutorial

Posts 1–15 of 178 · Page 1 of 12
New (leaked) MMOE Private Server Tutorial
With the leakage of a recent version of the legit MMOE server source, there is some confusion on how to get it to work.
@Travooshas added some great helpful hints to his github source! He also removed some code that I mention in this tutorial, but don't worry! He's added some nice notes where the things he deleted were. What a nice guy!

Post any errors you get along the way!

1. Download the source from @Travoos 's github.

2. If you haven't already, setup MySQL using this tutorial, except import struct.sql from the new source you have (found in /db, also do this if you already have MySQL set up).

3. Visual Studio 2010 won't do for this tutorial so we need to upgrade to 2012! You can get Visual Studio 2012 Premium trial from here.

4. Open up server.sln in the root folder using visual studio. Right click on the solution (the thing at the very top of the explorer that says server) and click 'rebuild solution'. Then find the db project in the explorer and find database.cs inside of it.

//this step is irrelevant now due to @Travoos's helpful editing 5. Near the top of database.cs there are a bunch of connections, should say something like "con=asdjbasldjasdijo" about 5 times. We want to focus on the one that is NOT green, and is mostly red. At the end it should say VPS testing or something in green. Add 2 /'s at the beginning of that line, so all of them look the same. Then delete the // from the beginning of the one below, the one that says private testing.

6.You should see a connection at the top of the file with a note. Look where it says 'con='. The IP you see should be 127.0.0.1, correct? If it's not, you're either looking at the wrong connection or the wrong file. At the end of the string (the red part) where it says 'password=', add "botmaker" without quotes so it looks like
Code:
            con = new MySqlConnection("Server=127.0.0.1;Database=rotmg;uid=root;password=botmaker");
7. Now, using the file explorer, right click on db and select rebuild. Wait for it to finish. Now rebuild server in the same manner (NOT the SOLUTION. The PROJECT).

8. Find 'Empire world data server/Empire world data server' in the explorer and open database.cs inside of that. You will see another 'con=' near the top. Edit the IP you see there to 127.0.0.1 and add "botmaker" without quotes to the 'password=' like before. It looks like
Code:
            con = new MySqlConnection("Server=127.0.0.1;Database=rotmg;uid=empireworld;password=botmaker;Allow Zero Datetime=true");
9. You're nearly done. Rebuild 'empire world data server' and then 'wServer' in the same way you rebuilt before. Now, in the explorer, go into server/char/list.cs. Scroll down a little ways till you see something that says "Trav's Hamachi." A few lines down from there you will see an IP. Change that IP to, you guessed it, 127.0.0.1! Rebuild server (again project, NOT solution).

10. Close visual studio (finally) and prepare to launch the server. Navigate to /bin/Debug/Server and run server.exe as administrator. Then go to /bin/Debug/wServer and run wServer.exe as administrator. Should you receive no errors at this point, continue! Should you receive an error, post it!

11. Open client.swf in the root folder. It will load to the home screen. If it infinitely loads and spams with errors, post the error! If it loads fine, continue!

12. Register a new account. Then try to connect to the realm. If you get errors POST THEM! If you connect fine, continue!

13. Hooray! You have successfully set up the latest private server. To give yourself Founder, open struct.sql with your preferred SQL table editor. I prefer HeidiSQL, found here. Open the accounts table and edit rank to 7 (Founder). You can also mess around with other stuff using the SQL editor.

14. Visit this thread: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/750-realm-...gnore-fix.html. You need this for the server to work if you are using the latest commit.

I hope I didn't miss anything important... good luck.
Hahaha ty for the link bro

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Btw this is the newest source or the same one luci released???!
Quote Originally Posted by TrinityCube View Post
Hahaha ty for the link bro

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Btw this is the newest source or the same one luci released???!
Its the newest source
I get the infinite loading screen but no errors
Quote Originally Posted by rangewolf5 View Post
I get the infinite loading screen but no errors
This happened in the source that got released, NOT my github source.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hjkl108 View Post
Huuuuurgh, I've been trying to get this goddamn server to work before this tutorial was even posted, and these instructions don't fucking work.

Could someone just send me the editted files?
Are you getting any errors? If so, post them.
Infinite loading screen? If so, look at my post above.
Huuuuurgh, I've been trying to get this goddamn server to work before this tutorial was even posted, and these instructions don't fucking work.

Could someone just send me the editted files?
Working, I don't find how to modify nexus shops
Thanks for this <3
How do you use HeidiSQL to make yourself a GM? It says to put yourself as rank 3 on step 13, but when I do that nothing happens.
Quote Originally Posted by lotusrunner362 View Post
How do you use HeidiSQL to make yourself a GM? It says to put yourself as rank 3 on step 13, but when I do that nothing happens.
I'm also having this problem.
@Travoos I keep getting the same exact error whenever I edit the database.cs files. As I said before, the error is this:

"MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException(0x80004005) : Authentication to host '127.0.0.1' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

And then there's that other error that keeps repeating.
Quote Originally Posted by hjkl108 View Post
@Travoos I keep getting the same exact error whenever I edit the database.cs files. As I said before, the error is this:

"MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException(0x80004005) : Authentication to host '127.0.0.1' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

And then there's that other error that keeps repeating.
You set up the MySQL server with a password other than botmaker. Either that or you didn't do database.cs correctly. If it's the former, you will need to figure out what password you used to set up MySQL. Then add that in to both database.cs's instead of botmaker.
I get this message when installing visual studio 2012: The specified program needs newer version of windows. Any way to circumvent this?
Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJani View Post
I get this message when installing visual studio 2012: The specified program needs newer version of windows. Any way to circumvent this?
Nevermind, I found a way to open it with visual studio 2010
@Owlupus

Could you elaborate on step 13 a bit more?

I still can't get the GM to work.
Posts 1–15 of 178 · Page 1 of 12
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us