Hey I was wondering if someone could make me a nice build? I'm hoping for a budget around a grand but it can be over that (under 2 grand). I've never built a PC before and I feel like I could use some help with it. I'd prefer Intel to AMD and don't plan on OC-ing because I'd have no clue what I was doing. If anybody could help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($270.98 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($87.28 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Canada Computers)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($62.59 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1225.47
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
Feel free to swap the 8GB of RAM to 12GB or 16GB, but I find 8GB is enough for most people. You can also swap the GTX 760 to a 770, but the 760 is very good value and it's cheap to add another one down the road and have god tier performance. If you aren't overclocking then a stock cooler will be enough.
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($270.98 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($87.28 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Canada Computers)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($62.59 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1225.47
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
Feel free to swap the 8GB of RAM to 12GB or 16GB, but I find 8GB is enough for most people. You can also swap the GTX 760 to a 770, but the 760 is very good value and it's cheap to add another one down the road and have god tier performance. If you aren't overclocking then a stock cooler will be enough.
Isn't that powersupply a bit overkill, fair enough if he want's to SLI the 760's later on he doesn't need to upgrade the PSU but for a single card build that's a little bit much.
Originally Posted by Scotia
Isn't that powersupply a bit overkill, fair enough if he want's to SLI the 760's later on he doesn't need to upgrade the PSU but for a single card build that's a little bit much.
For that price why not? His budget is under $2000 and I'm well under. Getting a powerful PSU now ensures he won't have to replace it for many years. If it were a budget build I would recommend a 600-650W PSU, but if he has the money why not get the one component that can be futureproofed.
Originally Posted by Doc
For that price why not? His budget is under $2000 and I'm well under. Getting a powerful PSU now ensures he won't have to replace it for many years. If it were a budget build I would recommend a 600-650W PSU, but if he has the money why not get the one component that can be futureproofed.
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($270.98 @ TigerDirect Canada)
Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($87.28 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.99 @ Canada Computers)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($62.59 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1225.47
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
Feel free to swap the 8GB of RAM to 12GB or 16GB, but I find 8GB is enough for most people. You can also swap the GTX 760 to a 770, but the 760 is very good value and it's cheap to add another one down the road and have god tier performance. If you aren't overclocking then a stock cooler will be enough.
I would go with this,and you still have about 800$ to spend.
You could go for:
Intel Core i7 4770K CPU (Go for a 4670K if it's a strictly gaming build)
Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD (Or Samsung 840)
ASUS Sabertooth Z87 motherboard
Fractal Design Define R4
ZOTAC AMP! GTX 780 video card
WD Green 3TB hard drive
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 RAM
Corsair Builder Series CX600
Total = $1,979.43, just under 2k for a PC that will last you for a long ass time.