Decompiling

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Decompiling
I'm looking to start editing some .dll's. If anyone could help out with that it'd be great. I just want to edit the text within it
You cant decompile dll's.Someone would have to release an open source.
There is some editing you can do using a hex editor, like remove the auto popup of MPGH in their CF hack, but you need source code or the base programing language to decompile.

There ARE language based decompilers out there, but they may or may not work, depending on the language, and the version of the language.
So your saying it is possible? Like if I can find the hex code for the popup that says welcome to fu><pr0?
Depends - If your DLL has a String-Table inside of it it's really easy to edit those. Otherwise you could use a HexEditor to replace existing strings (though they'd have to be 'filled' to match the existing length of the string.

There are public tools available that'll get the job done. For my WinRez LT Studio Tools I wrote my own tool called 'ResEdit' (See Attachment) that lets you edit String Tables in DLLs, which sounds like it's just what you're looking for.
ResEdit.rarattachment deleted · 1 downloads before removal
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?