Terraria - Editing Source Code - Help Thread

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Terraria - Editing Source Code - Help Thread
Hi

Why not making a thread about helping people for editing the source code for Terraria ?

Well, i will start request since i'm a noob at coding too and i want to know how to make a give command

I still know the basic like : Decompile and recompile the Terraria Source code (fixing all errors etc) ; add/edit item/image etc.
#Joining

I could need help, too. Since, I want to learn coding and terraria seems simple for me, besides of editing, adjusting, altering, modifying, etc. ingame\client stuff.
Quote Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
I want to learn coding and terraria seems simple for me
I wouldn't recommend you learn to code by editing a game, start off with some tutorials of c#.
When you know the basics, I can help you understand how to mod terraria, how terraria works, ....
Where does the problems start?
intercept the chat?
To get a basic help we need to know where are the problems ^^
Hey, I'd also like to start making a terraria client, I have the latest OpenSource version of Terraria, I have all of the files, I just don't really get what to do with them.
Quote Originally Posted by Hellomynameiso View Post
Hey, I'd also like to start making a terraria client, I have the latest OpenSource version of Terraria, I have all of the files, I just don't really get what to do with them.
You should probably give up if you do not even know what to do with those files...
Quote Originally Posted by Hellomynameiso View Post
Hey, I'd also like to start making a terraria client, I have the latest OpenSource version of Terraria, I have all of the files, I just don't really get what to do with them.
That isn't really good starting with something if you don't have any knowlege what what should be.
It is like, being in the US, you will know Burgers, Cola, Milkshakes.
Well, go to japan and you will recognize nothing. They are eating stuff which you won't even say "that thing over there was a fish!" ...

First of all, you should learn some basic java programming, like few have had it at school, or watch some tutorials on youtube.
Even reading some introduction on windows visual basic won't be wrong.
No I didn't mean it like that, ive got the source in Microsoft Visual C, problem is After loading the source It wont find the steam appid
Visual C? or Visual C# Express
C != C#
Then delete all Code Parts where it ask for the steam api / appid
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?