ExclamationDisable background music

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Disable background music
Credit givin to Primey0 from reddit (also Prime75 from MPGH)

It's simple. You use to just disable the miles folder but Ghosts threw in a spanner to the works and doesn't have a miles folder. Poor miles. Anyway this disables the music, sound effects (Like ranking up) and the male announcer. You can pick either.

Rename file: soundfile59.pak & soundfile1.pak. These are the two main ones for music in multiplayer. Again it could affect single player. You can find them both in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts.

Rename them to anything (Keep it simple in case you want to revert the changes. I just added a underscore). I have yet to run into any problems with this, footsteps, bomb plant, gun sounds etc are still there.

This will probably change the files for single player as well so watch out
I just tested this
It does work for the sound files to eliminate the in game music while keeping the in game player voices. I tested this in MP so I have no clue if it affects the SP gameplay but since there is only 1 collection of sound files for both games I am going to assume it does.
Good work, very tiring and distraction extraneous background sound!
Primey0 is me LOL. I dunno how I can prove it but it doesn't really matter. I've actually might have figured out how to disable that random music the plays in-game, rank up sound and such without disabling the enemy/teammates calling out.

Rename file: soundfile59.pak & soundfile1.pak. These are the two main ones for music in multiplayer. Again it could affect single player. You can find them both in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts.

Shckr57 if you can please edit your original post because this way is much better and will still disable the music. The method I posted on reddit, but deleted soon after, was a quick fix it wasn't tested very well but I wanted to post it asap.
all the sound files in the main folder are for music etc, all the calling out is in the english folder if you want that disabled too..

ambient noises are in the common.ff, so we are fucked with them.
Quote Originally Posted by Prime75 View Post
Primey0 is me LOL. I dunno how I can prove it but it doesn't really matter. I've actually might have figured out how to disable that random music the plays in-game, rank up sound and such without disabling the enemy/teammates calling out.

Rename file: soundfile59.pak & soundfile1.pak. These are the two main ones for music in multiplayer. Again it could affect single player. You can find them both in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts.

Shckr57 if you can please edit your original post because this way is much better and will still disable the music. The method I posted on reddit, but deleted soon after, was a quick fix it wasn't tested very well but I wanted to post it asap.
Actually I tested this method of only renaming the 2 sound files and I still had in game music. All of the .pak files found within the Call of Duty Ghosts folder marked as soundfile1 etc. are all in game music files that eliminate the menu, server, and lobby music. As for all enemy and team voice call outs those are in the english folder because different regions have different languages and based upon what Steam server the game is downloaded or updated from determines the name of the folder and the voice .pak files that are placed on your hard drive. It is a tedious process but well worth it since now I can actually hear footsteps and other noises to determine locations of players. As for ambient sounds they are in a .ff file meaning that without a hex editor program we will not be able to turn off the sounds of running water, leaves rustling in the wind, rain, etc. until someone develops a trainer or tool to allow everyone to access only the certain hex location values and modify them with an easy click on/off method. Similar to a texture modification hack.
Updated, and thanks again. I was trying to find an exe to open the .pak file to figure out what was what. Didnt ever think the game would still run without them
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?