Question

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Question
I wanna learn C++ but would it be easier if I learn other programming languages before I try C++ since I have no experience on it?
Well certainly if you already understand basic programming concepts then learning a language isn't too hard. It's up to you to decide what you want to start with. It might help if you come up with a goal, and from there choose somewhere to start.
all languages are pretty close. once you get experienced with one, you should be able to adapt your knowledge into other languages (will still be hard, but faster than working from scratch). its all up to you which one u wanna learn first. i recommend learning VB or C++ first.
I recommend Python for beginners.
well i started off with C++, at the first it was hard, couldnt even make hello world.exe, but with the help of the users: why06 and user1, and some guides im getting better and better everyday!!
There are several online guides of course, but if you want to devote yourself to learning C++ you need something more detailed. I'll link you a full C++ book im currently still studying...

Primer Plus C 5th Edition - Kholuforum

Oh and yea, why06 is a great contributer here.
Wow your gonna make me blush,
Cept I don't do that cuz I'm tough.
If anyone tries to get all touchy with me,
Ima tell that bish to hush. xD

K. that's my lil rap for the day. :P Anyway like rwkeith said: definitely reccomend getting a full online documentation or a book, but just ask a question if you need any help.

@zhao: Python. what is this that? I've heard of it, but I've never really checked out what it is. Is it good for beginners and stuff.

PS: Good to see you two hanging around the C++ forum some more. haven't talked to you in a while rw ;P
No, don't learn another *easier* languge first. Most people try VB first, but I don't recommend that. It does give you some experience with programming, but in my opinion VB is a lot different from C++, and it will only make it harder for you to use C++ because you'll get used to the VB habits.

@Why, Python is nearly the same as Delphi
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us