Making website automater, using mouse clicks

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
Making website automater, using mouse clicks
Ok I know what I want to do. But I don't know which language to use. I have C++ and Java experience, but my problem is finding tools.

I did some Java searching and found 3 things: Apache's HTTPClient with Robot, HTMLUnit, and Selenium.

First one has NO JavaScript support, which I need. Second one is not set up for GUI, which I require to send mouse clicks and the images for traffic exchange sites are NOT code visible. Third one launches a browser to make login faster..hnng.

If C++ would work, or if there's Java libraries I am missing, what should I use? I need to log in, be able to see JavaScript and most likely JQuery, to see the exchange view page(or not, if I could hide it but still somehow send the info), and click an image that appears twice.

NO ONE LIKES ME. There. I said it. No one ever responds to my questions when I ask something I actually need
Quote Originally Posted by ainkut View Post
Ok I know what I want to do. But I don't know which language to use. I have C++ and Java experience, but my problem is finding tools.

I did some Java searching and found 3 things: Apache's HTTPClient with Robot, HTMLUnit, and Selenium.

First one has NO JavaScript support, which I need. Second one is not set up for GUI, which I require to send mouse clicks and the images for traffic exchange sites are NOT code visible. Third one launches a browser to make login faster..hnng.

If C++ would work, or if there's Java libraries I am missing, what should I use? I need to log in, be able to see JavaScript and most likely JQuery, to see the exchange view page(or not, if I could hide it but still somehow send the info), and click an image that appears twice.

NO ONE LIKES ME. There. I said it. No one ever responds to my questions when I ask something I actually need
Simple: Just use Autoit for Website scripting. It's easy to learn and can do anything you mentioned.
You have a choice to use internet explorer to open the page, parse the dom, and take js actions OR use something like httprequest and not even bother with loading a browser.

Hope this is helpful,

- Cascius
Could you give a link to the website?
As for the best language to use, I'd advice php.
When you login or click the image it will most likely send a get/post request to the server.
Php is the most easy language to send these get/post requests and read webpages.
Using this method is a lot faster than the method you discribed.
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us