DayZ Standalone

Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2
DayZ Standalone
So i want to Start This Topic As it is Annoying me SO much and i want to See if i am alone in this or If There Are Others Like Me

So Basically Since The Standalone Was Released Everone Is Critising That it is So Bad And That is Is a Rip Of ($29) But I see it As a Chance For a Real DayZ Fan To Help In The Process of Making A good Game . Another Thing That is Being Said is That The Dev's Only Realeased it To Gain more Money To Finish The GAme Wich im Sceptical on , But i dont think You can play a Alpha Stage Game And Say You got Ripped Of

So im not Saying If You Agree With Me You Are Smart And if You Disagree You Are a Reatard
I just Want Some Opinion's
So i can See And Understand Your Side If You Dont Agree

Thanx For Reading
the alpha was released to them to gain some more money and to do public testing on bugs ect and to get player feedback.
people saying that the game sucks clearly don't understand the meaning of "early access"
Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
the alpha was released to them to gain some more money and to do public testing on bugs ect and to get player feedback.
people saying that the game sucks clearly don't understand the meaning of "early access"
Well, the game was released before and it was buggy.

But the thing is even Dayz had in big letters that the game was even crappy.
Just have to wait till they get all the bugs and what not done.
Quote Originally Posted by argyros View Post
Well, the game was released before and it was buggy.

But the thing is even Dayz had in big letters that the game was even crappy.
Just have to wait till they get all the bugs and what not done.
are you refering to the original?
that was a mod, not even a full game
not to mention it was free
Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

are you refering to the original?
that was a mod, not even a full game
not to mention it was free
No. The Standalone was leaked out before, but this version is a lot more updated.
Thank You There IS one That Agrees With ME
People can't exactly judge this game as it is in the Alpha version. If you have a look where it says on Steam 'Please do not purchase if you do not want a buggy and laggy gameplay' Alpha is there so they can raise money and make the game better and better. The only thing that bugs me about this game is that they tried making it way to realistic as in different types of blood etc, I got the game and I really like it.
gonna wait it for a little while until all major bugs are fixed
Holy shit, blood types? *gives noob wrong blood type transfusion and kills him*
It's fun but basically the Mod, I don't see anything which is new on mods etc. The movement and combat is still clunky as fuck because of the arma base
Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcG View Post
It's fun but basically the Mod, I don't see anything which is new on mods etc. The movement and combat is still clunky as fuck because of the arma base
You're clearly dumb or blind or something's wrong with you If you don't notice any new features in the Standalone that weren't in the mod.

On topic: DayZ Standalone is great, has alot of potential, you can wait until somes bugs are fixed yeah, Dean isn't making you buy it, he actually wants you to not buy it and wait because alpher is going to take a year or so he said himself and it'll always be the same price until it changes to beta.

That's me in the middle, having some fun with some friends. Looking like a veteran Ranger. 10/10 would buy again.
Quote Originally Posted by JustJosh View Post
You're clearly dumb or blind or something's wrong with you If you don't notice any new features in the Standalone that weren't in the mod.
Obviously I see new shit, you clearly didn't read what I put... It's still clunky as fuck
Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcG View Post
Obviously I see new shit, you clearly didn't read what I put... It's still clunky as fuck
I mean, I did.. "I don't see anything which is new on mods" that isn't a true statement..
Yes, some doors still get you stuck and some things aren't great, but you can't just judge it like that, If you bought it you clearly agreed to play an alpha and you agreed to it to the text when you start the game, It's not final yet.
No offence with my last statement anyway.
Quote Originally Posted by JustJosh View Post
I mean, I did.. "I don't see anything which is new on mods" that isn't a true statement..
Yes, some doors still get you stuck and some things aren't great, but you can't just judge it like that, If you bought it you clearly agreed to play an alpha and you agreed to it to the text when you start the game, It's not final yet.
No offence with my last statement anyway.
You are completely missing the point. The clunkyness doesn't bother me, the fact its basically arma ported over with new features many glitches which worked in arma2 still work It's like they did nothing to the engine what so ever
Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcG View Post
You are completely missing the point. The clunkyness doesn't bother me, the fact its basically arma ported over with new features many glitches which worked in arma2 still work It's like they did nothing to the engine what so ever
More like they ported from ArmA 3 you mean, I hate the fact that the sounds from the weps on A3 are on DayZ, not sure If placeholder or not..
Engine-wise, network bubble is new and only for DayZ, the Rain is DayZ only too, and that's all. I think.
Posts 1–15 of 22 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us