SmileComputer Safety [Read This]

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Computer Safety [Read This]
I am making this post due to the recent "fake hacks" around here.

CREDITS GO TO A MEMBER OF GP FOR MAKING THIS [SORRY I DID NOT STATE THIS BEFORE THANK YOU FOR WHO EVER TOLD ME TO WRITE THIS

Warning Signs of a Fake Hack:

Join date-
If the person joined the day of the post or within recent days, that is a red flag for you; be cautious


Post Count-
If the person only has like 1 post, that is too suspicious. [I'm not accusing all low posters of posting viruses but I'm just saying, you should be careful]

.bin/.cmd files-
When downloading .bin files, always...
RIGHT CLICK > EDIT >>>> And see what the command is. If it says "del" (short for delete) or just plain looks suspicious, WATCH OUT! IT IS A FAKE! Delete it immediately and report it to a moderator or administrator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIRUS FAQ:
Welcome to Viruses; Frequently Asked Questions

Question One: Can you scan a file without downloading it?
Answer: Of course not! That's why you should download it in RAR or ZIP form. Why is answered in Question 2.

Question Two: When you download a RAR or ZIP file, can you get a virus?
Answer: When you download it, you do not get the virus unless you extract it or open the program.


Question Three: How do I know if there is a virus in it or not?
Answer: What I would do is I would save it to the desktop and scan it with one of the virus scan websites below.

Question Four: Which viruses are so called "Safe"?
Answer: Upload an injector into a virus scan website and see which ones come up. Those are called "False Positives" which are nothing to worry about because all an Injector does is inject files into the selected process.

Free Virus Scan Websites: Note: These are file scanners, not anti-virus programs.


VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scanⓘ
Online Virus Scanⓘ
Jotti's malware scanⓘ

Hopefully these questions and answers helped you stay safe.
-If I helped you, please, feel free to +rep me.

NOTE: WHEN FILES ARE PASSWORD ENCRYPTED, MANY VIRUSES CANNOT BE DETECTED!


================================

What is a False Positive?

A false positive occurs when a virus scanner erroneously detects a 'virus' in a non-infected file. False positives result when the signature used to detect a particular virus is not unique to the virus - i.e. the same signature appears in legitimate, non-infected software.

================================
Did I save your computer? Thank me if I did! :]
This is already posted.

And stickied...
Quote Originally Posted by satindemon4u View Post
This is already posted.

And stickied...
Yep it has been ;/ but it's still pretty useful to randomly have lol.

Quote Originally Posted by User1 View Post
This is too fucking bright. I'm sueing you for hurting my eyes.
I agree?
This is too fucking bright. I'm sueing you for hurting my eyes.
HA HA HA You GP noob, another google result. Just leeched from GP ban this asshole
Quote Originally Posted by User1 View Post
HA HA HA You GP noob, another google result. Just leeched from GP ban this asshole
GP? What's that? And BTW if your telling me is considered advertising, could you PM me what it means? And if that doesn't work, then idk.

-EDIT-
Sorry I found out. Anywayz, credits to the actual write then. Ban hammer?
u copy this shit and gave no credit that is plagiarism get u banned
No need to repeate what i just said...
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us