Server Files to Host on Windows Dedicated Server

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
Server Files to Host on Windows Dedicated Server
Hey guys, I'm willing to host a private server for some friends but of course I don't want to pay for these overpriced packages.

I got my own dedicated server using Windows Server 2008.


I wanted to know how I can host a Steam (legit) server with it because I can't find the files anywhere.

Do I need to install steam and download rust server files?

January 9 please.
Quote Originally Posted by xPrnrzi View Post
Hey guys, I'm willing to host a private server for some friends but of course I don't want to pay for these overpriced packages.

I got my own dedicated server using Windows Server 2008.


I wanted to know how I can host a Steam (legit) server with it because I can't find the files anywhere.

Do I need to install steam and download rust server files?

January 9 please.
You will have trouble with this, only the GSPs and Garry have the password. Me being one of them I know that the password is changed every few updates and its not just something you install and run.
Also, don't use Windows Server 2008, learn to use CentOS or Ubuntu, or any linux distro for that matter.
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?