First Patch Text Hacking

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
First Patch Text Hacking
I have found a way to modify the first patch text. The change applies to all soldier wearing it.



I do not know if other people will see it.

Switching resolution or switching fullscreen to windowed and vice versa resets the patch text for some reason.

Anyways pretty neat huh?
PatchTextHacking.png440 KB · 0 downloads
Nice find! Now you should share the code
I did some tests and it appears that the modified text is only visual. It will not be seen by other players.
If you want to know how to change it,

Open up cheat engine,
Select String
Type in the patch text you currently have
Copy all of the addresses you get
Change all of the values to what ever you want, and just add a ^# to change the color of the text.
Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota Dabs View Post
If you want to know how to change it,

Open up cheat engine,
Select String
Type in the patch text you currently have
Copy all of the addresses you get
Change all of the values to what ever you want, and just add a ^# to change the color of the text.
I would like to add the address for the text is not static. Best way to find it everytime is to find its pointer/offset.

Which is 1F if I remember correctly. (Not at computer)
Quote Originally Posted by NightmareTX_RETIRED View Post
I would like to add the address for the text is not static. Best way to find it everytime is to find its pointer/offset.

Which is 1F if I remember correctly. (Not at computer)
If I recall, yes.
tried to do something
2013-12-18_00002.jpg81 KB · 3 downloads
Quote Originally Posted by 12qwerty34 View Post
tried to do something
Tryed it with the IW patch dont work ether , only works with the 1st patch ( the plain one)
imho this is useless, because who cares when nobody can see it? :/ you can change every string with this method...
Mh very nice ^^



The codes for the color names :

^1 = Red
^2 = Green
^3 = Yellow
^4 = Blue
^5 = Lightblue
^6 = Pink
^7 = White
^8 = Grey
^9 = Black

Have fun
Looks fun for screenshots.
you can troll people when recording or take a Screenhsot
it's multilanguage game, so will only change for you, no matter if you use EN version.
Quote Originally Posted by NightmareTX_RETIRED View Post

Switching resolution or switching fullscreen to windowed and vice versa resets the patch text for some reason.
That's because of vid_restart and you are probably not using the right offset.

Thanks Barata...
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us