overwatch sessions

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
overwatch sessions
So according to csgo official site the suspect's eight rounds demo were randomly chosen but i doubt it, I got hacks on for like 10 matches, was hiding it pretty well but the night after I turned on rage mode #5deaglehs I got overwatched, I got a new account, played quite a number of mm then turned rage hack on, got overwatched in an hour, so does valve capture your demo based on your kills? I don't think its due to the report spikes when I'm aimbotting as I get reported in like every matches.
Quote Originally Posted by testbug133 View Post
So according to csgo official site the suspect's eight rounds demo were randomly chosen but i doubt it, I got hacks on for like 10 matches, was hiding it pretty well but the night after I turned on rage mode #5deaglehs I got overwatched, I got a new account, played quite a number of mm then turned rage hack on, got overwatched in an hour, so does valve capture your demo based on your kills? I don't think its due to the report spikes when I'm aimbotting as I get reported in like every matches.
Overwatch also detects hack(need source), for the least i heard it from other ppl.
That's the serversided anticheat by valve, and you got an untrusted account ban.
I am an overwatch member. By my understanding, how it works is, if we receive a high volume of reports against a player, a demo is made of one of their recent matches where a lot of reporting happened (all games are recorded by valve on official servers). The game is then cut into a 10 minute movie, with the players highlights. Then this video is sent to several overwatch members and they review the video and tick certain boxes relating to , scripting, aimbot, wall hack etc. An overall decision is made at the end of all of the reports by the overwatch member. If found guilty, the player is banned for 365 days (unless this has been changed to permanent).
I'm apart of overwatch and what happens is say player A gets reported in game, (rage report, true hacker, someone good though suspected) then people who are apart of over watch will be given a few demos of the player they are selected pretty randomly. player B (Overwatch member) will then at the end of the demo either say yes or no if they are cheating and I believe this process is corroborated by many other overwatch members
Where did you get the "8 round demo" from? From what I remember, the last time I did an overwatch, it was a whole game... :S

But, just like when you click "watch your highlights" on a downloaded demo of a mm-game, the demo scrolls by all the downtime (when the subject is not getting any kills.)

And yes, every reported game goes to a few different overwatchers, and if everyone of them agree that a cheat was used, then the player is banned. In some cases of a split decision (2 out of 3 says it's a cheat, for example), I could imagine that the demo is sent to a game master or equivalent for further investigation, but that is pure speculation.
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us