Disable Google Analytics

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Disable Google Analytics
EDIT : FIRST METHOD I POSTED WAS BUGGED (i wasn't playing with it)
This one should works. Sorry.

Yes, there is an embedded Google Analytics tracking system in all ROTMG swfs since... i can't remember.

Since i dont like to be tracked, i disabled analytics urls in my host file but it gives some big and ugly debug messages in Vizzy



I found an easy way to totally disable it


1) Look for an "_-".asasm file containing

"tracker") type QName(PackageNamespace("com.google.analytics"), "GATracker") end
Its a trait slot.

2) Make sure the following methods do nothing by add "returns" to the code

* pushtrue returnvalue for "trackevent"
* returnvoid in the method which is calling trackPageview

3) And... Now in GATracker.class.asasm
* pushtrue returnvalue for "trackevent"
Mmh never asked myself why that is there
Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post
Yes, there is an embedded Google Analytics tracking system in all ROTMG swfs since... i can't remember.

Since i dont like to be tracked, i disabled analytics urls in my host file but it gives some big and ugly debug messages in Vizzy

I found an easy way to totally disable it
Heh awesome, going to do this, thanks! I remember seeing a google tracker a long time ago, and just yesterday I noticed a bunch of shit being sent to one of google's IPs with a packet sniffer. I feel the same way about tracking.
This screw things, i have corrected some stuff
Quote Originally Posted by JustAnoobROTMG View Post
This screw things, i have corrected some stuff
Do you know what they even are tracking?

Also I can't find TrackPreview anywhere.

Edit again, is it trackPageview? I did that.

Would you mind me making/posting a mod selector mod of this?
Quote Originally Posted by 059 View Post
Do you know what they even are tracking?

Also I can't find TrackPreview anywhere.

Edit again, is it trackPageview? I did that.

Would you mind me making/posting a mod selector mod of this?
1)Everytime you use a portal + other things . Look for "analytics" in classes unrelated to Google.
2) Track what? where did you see that

3) Modselect it if you want, but i doubt people would use it.
If you make it a modselector thing call it: "MuhFreedom"
Quote Originally Posted by Knorrex View Post
If you make it a modselector thing call it: "MuhFreedom"
I can imagine noobs making threads in the release section asking: "what is muhfredom do???????", haha
Ok, ladies and gentlemen.

Updated & Simplified method) :

1) Open GAtracker.class.asasm

2) Make sure the following methods do nothing by add "returns" to the code

* pushtrue returnvalue for "trackevent"
* returnvoid for trackPageview

¨Patching this way seems to properly remove ALL G.A. requests.
Quote Originally Posted by Rer35 View Post
These days every web page and more so the tech blogs have code from tens of these ad+analytics companies. Can I only get/use the page without all the added junk? Or does adblock do this already?
Adblock (which actually spys on you and also lets some advertisement go through (by letting ad companies pay them to get whitelistd) only blocks your browser traffic on which it is installed.
Best you should do, if you want to invest a few bucks, you get yourself a Raspberry PI 3, and install PiHole on it.
Then you change your DHCP settings on your router and set the DNS-Server to the IP of your Pi-Hole.
BAM! NO more advertisement on any device in your network without having to install any plugins or whatsoever.
(cool for Smart-TVs, Phones, Tablets, WiFi-Cameras or any other network device which doesn't let you install any adblocker).
But this is far away from ROTMG stuff.
Quote Originally Posted by Rer35 View Post
These days every web page and more so the tech blogs have code from tens of these ad+analytics companies. Can I only get/use the page without all the added junk? Or does adblock do this already?
Tfw necroed a post from 6 years ago

This forum is dead
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?