Err

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Err
So is modding still a thing?

Also, what the fuck is TopGear?

Also, @aeronyx I missed you bb, come back.
Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So is modding still a thing?

Also, what the fuck is TopGear?

Also, @aeronyx I missed you bb, come back.
It's dead, move on.

Seriously though, most of the "good" modders left due to lack in bypasses, and the people who had "bypasses" didn't have a solid clue what to do with it, so most of the good Rez Mods were detected and patched. Tbh, Rez Modders were basically free employees of Nexon to help them debug their outdated and horrendous game engine. Apparently, there is a few people/sites with bypasses but, the experience of the members on these teams will ultimately lead to nothing because modding has reached its limitations. They would basically be recreating outdated mods, to which there are better methods to do what these mods can accomplish, with a much lower detection rate.

The only thing I could see being useful is attribute mods, Chams, texture mods, and sound mods. Attribute mods have been patched by now, i'm almost sure. Chams are useless because, there are better methods with a much lower detection rate. Textures and Sounds are mostly for creativity, so I don't discourage that but, with a bypass, these are mostly a waste of time because they would rather patch the bypass, not the mod.
Quote Originally Posted by LoserMatt View Post
It's dead, move on.

Seriously though, most of the "good" modders left due to lack in bypasses, and the people who had "bypasses" didn't have a solid clue what to do with it, so most of the good Rez Mods were detected and patched. Tbh, Rez Modders were basically free employees of Nexon to help them debug their outdated and horrendous game engine. Apparently, there is a few people/sites with bypasses but, the experience of the members on these teams will ultimately lead to nothing because modding has reached its limitations. They would basically be recreating outdated mods, to which there are better methods to do what these mods can accomplish, with a much lower detection rate.

The only thing I could see being useful is attribute mods, Chams, texture mods, and sound mods. Attribute mods have been patched by now, i'm almost sure. Chams are useless because, there are better methods with a much lower detection rate. Textures and Sounds are mostly for creativity, so I don't discourage that but, with a bypass, these are mostly a waste of time because they would rather patch the bypass, not the mod.
So what you're saying is were fucked? That sucks. I finally figured out what was wrong with the skinning of my models and I wanted to have another shot and custom models.

Also, you don't mean attributes.rez, right? Back when I was a modder, that shit was like spanish. Really hard, untranslatable spanish.
Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post


So what you're saying is were fucked? That sucks. I finally figured out what was wrong with the skinning of my models and I wanted to have another shot and custom models.

Also, you don't mean attributes.rez, right? Back when I was a modder, that shit was like spanish. Really hard, untranslatable spanish.
Not totally fucked but, fucked enough to where if you want something to be public, its probably not gonna happen.

And yes, I was referring to attributes.rez, it wasn't spanish either, it was a custom encryption with the password "CombatArms", good luck finding which encryption though.
Quote Originally Posted by LoserMatt View Post
Not totally fucked but, fucked enough to where if you want something to be public, its probably not gonna happen.

And yes, I was referring to attributes.rez, it wasn't spanish either, it was a custom encryption with the password "CombatArms", good luck finding which encryption though.
Didn't literally mean spanish. Meant it was considered unmoddable at the time. But thats a shame.
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us