QuestionDev C++ vs Vs C++

PollWhats better for hacking?
18 votes
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
Dev C++ vs Vs C++
Which program would you guys say is better for making hacks visual studio C++ or Dev C++ please add reasons why and if you can a tut to where to learn it. Thanks in advance
Weird nvm.
theres no difference in learning them.
I vote VS, since its a lot easier to use(I like the GUI better).
and most games have either Code::Blocks or MSVC++ projects in their SDK
VS is much better if your doing windows API and stuff. Dev C++ is better for just DOS programs in my opinion. I prefer VS.
ok thanks so im aiming towards vs now but if any dev users can explain why i should go dev please do.
Well hey, I like Dev-C++ for simple code. It's usually my default IDE when I'm just trying to get other people's code to work. I don't think you need to use VS unless your trying to create pretty big or advanced project. Otherwise use Dev-C++ if your just learning C++.
I use both (depending on the project type)

DEV advantages:
Simple
Easy to use
Built in compiler easier to read errors from

DEV disadvantages:
Must code UI (User Interface) in Win32 from scratch.

VS advantages:
Much easier when making bigger projects
Easy drag and drop UI creation
Can implement MSDOS commands into a UI without annoying MSDOS popups

VS disadvantages:
Compiler errors sometimes make no fucking sense, and they look like a bunch of random words thrown together in a secentence(5% of the time)
Requires much more CPU power and space on your hard drive
Over complicates small projects.
Meh, i used VS for everything. But ducktape has a point. Sometimes the errors make no sense. Or rather say things in a way that make you think its a different problem. Either way i didn't know there was a way to have a design mode when making GUI's with win32. I thought there was only one for windows forms and managed code
I've had problems using dev C++ with d3d, so I donno if you can use it to make hacks.
Ill go for Visual Studio,
its (for me) much easier to use, saves time and has a nice GUI.
for vip hacks would that be considered a big project for vs or just a project for dev C++
Visual C++ dude all the way.
ok so what would you use dev C++ for then? just simple little hack packs?
Quote Originally Posted by greenkid View Post
ok so what would you use dev C++ for then? just simple little hack packs?
I would use Dev-C++ for learning how to code in C++. VC++ is a little complex and can scare away a lot of beginners who are already overwhelmed by the process of learning an entirely new language.
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us