Really bad hit registering? Help?

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Really bad hit registering? Help?
Basically, CS:GO Hit detection/registering was always bad, but for the past few games I could literally do little to nothing when it came to shooting. In a pistol round I shot at a guy 9 times with a glock, and saw atleast 5-6 bullets hit him *Blood splatter came out* then he kills me, I look at my damage given and it said 22 for 1 bullet. Then, I was just doing so bad that I pull out a nova to save, I see a guy so I run right up to him and shoot him square in the chest with it, the guy 1 clicks me with his AK47. I check the damage I did when he kills me, and boom, nothing. It said I didn't even hit him and I completely saw blood fly out and his characters body react to being shot. It was like this for 2 full games and then I got demoted from Master Guardian 1 to Nova Master, So I just quit because it was stupid. My scores were 1-18 and 1-15. Is there a fix or solution for this madness? I was recently using sunkits trigger bot but stopped, could this of affected my hit reg/detection? Please help, I can't even play anymore because of this.

*Note, I tried a bot game just to make sure it wasn't just my aim, I shot a bot in the head with an awp, and ofc, it didn't register damage but it hit him.*
Well there's always the old reinstall and/or verify game cache.
have you tried to change your rates?
You can try changing your server rates, e.g. cl_interp, 64 tick servers will naturally be a bit like this, I shoot a person sometimes 3-4 times in the head until it will show up at a HS. You can also try reinstall/ verify cache like above suggested or just try restarting the game. If none of that fixes it, you could have packet loss or the server is under performing for a 64 tick server

////////////////////////////////////
//Network and Interpolation Settings

rate 80000 // def. 80000 - Maximum Download Bandwidth in byte per second. - DO NOT USE A LOWER VALUE OR A PUPPY DIES!
cl_cmdrate 128 // def. 64 - Maximum Command Packets per second, sending to the Server. DO NOT SET THIS HIGHER THAN YOUR FPS!
cl_updaterate 128 // def. 64 - Maximum number of Update Packets per second, received from the Server. Gets adjusted by the Servers TickRate if TR<cl_updaterate
cl_interp 0 // def. 0 - DO NOT CHANGE THIS OR A KITTY DIES!
cl_interp_ratio 2 // def. 2 - Ratio of interpolation Time. cl_interp_ratio : cl_updaterate = cl_interp -> lerp in ms

// Recommended Settings if cmdrate equal updaterate:
// interp_ratio 2 updaterate 64 = 31.25 ms lerp - Public @ fps<128
// interp_ratio 2 updaterate 128 = 15.625 ms lerp - Public @ fps>128
// interp_ratio 1 updaterate 64 = 15.625 ms lerp - Competitive @ fps<128
// interp_ratio 1 updaterate 128 = 7.8125ms lerp - Competitive @ fps>128

The default values for Netsettings and fps in CSGO:

rate 80000
cl_cmdrate 64
cl_updaterate 64
cl_interp_ratio 2
cl_interp 0
fps_max 300

I use:
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
rate "104000"
fps_max "999"

The majority of players should stick with these.

And You can still play on TR128 servers with cmd/updaterate 64 as long as no idiotic admin forces 128 on every player (not to speak about those who force maxrate 30000 *uberfacepalm*).

Only people who can achieve constantly more then 128fps should go on and raise their cmd/updaterate to 128.

And only people with a good connection, who play on stable running servers (mostly Matchservers, not those Plugin overloaded Publics) can think about lowering cl_interp_ratio to 1.

Also set the updaterate equal to Your cmdrate and everything will be fine.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?