Possible Chat Notifier Mod

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Possible Chat Notifier Mod
One of the things on my to-do list for my client was adding an event notifier like @IziLife's. As I was looking over what he did, I was considering ways of making it better. After some thought, I figured I would generalize what he did and making something much more powerful. Basically this new mod would look at all incoming chat and look for matches via a regex string that the user specifies. There will be options to limit the scope of the command to various types of chats. Here's an outline of the new command:

Chat Notifier
Code:
	/cn -m (sound|command|tts) -f gwlms -p "playerNames" "regex" "modeString"
		Options:
			m - mode
				sound - play sound
				command - execute console command
				tts - play text-to-speech sound
				
			f - from
				guild (g)
				whisper (w)
				local (l)
				mob (m)
				spam (s)
				
			p - player names
				Immediately followed by a string specifying player name(s). Uses regex for matching.
This -m -f -p options are optional and will have defaults. Basically you specify the mode (default would be sound) and where to look for matches (guild, whisper local, etc..). One can specify a player or set of players to find matches from also. The command would also have an associated list with it so that multiple notifications can function at the same time.

One can do a whole lot with this command. For instance if one wanted to play a sound on all guild chat, they can. If one wanted to make an event notifier like Izilife's, they can. If one wanted to make a spammer, it would be a simple matter with this command.

I wanted to get everyone's thought on this and give the idea some time before I code it up.
It never fails... Mikeflyer, go away, please.

Nilly, I've actually been wondering when there'd be a chat modifier to notify you about /tells.
I love the idea.

Would the ideal be to set it up so that each different chat type you have monitored produces a different sound?
Alt+Tab item selling is great.
@mikeflyer3, not sure what you meant by bot, but I'll be releasing my client in the near future (if that is what you were talking about). BTW, you mentioned paid client. I just want to be clear that there is no paid client nor have I ever sold a client. As of this point there is no private version of my client being distributed. When I release my client, I'll add a donate button for those who would like to show appreciation for my work.

@Janube, you would be able to set up the notifier to play a sound on guild chat, whisper, whisper from a certain player, or whatever. It's up to you.

I was thinking about how this command would function with a list like aim assist list and others that I've created for my client and realized that if such a list were to exist for the chat notifier one would really want to identify the notifications they setup with a name. This means the command will change slightly to allow that.
Wow the amount of modifiers you want there. Good luck on your work!
Well I finished initial work on the chat notifier. All features are present. Just needs more testing.

Seeing as how this mod has the ability to spam in ridiculous amounts, I imposed a limit on how many commands can be executed in a given amount of time. I have it currently set at 10 commands every 5 seconds. If that limit is exceeded, it starts disabling notifications that operate in command mode. This setting seems fine for the moment. I may change it later.
Quick comment, if are are going to make a Event Notifier, please don't make it open to the public, I will beg you, don't make it another RealmBay. If you do end up doing this, please make it cost money or something. I would buy.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us