CODE

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
CODE
Hi it's been a while since i ask for help again. anyway, i just have some questions in my mind that i want to be answered regarding Alex_Agnew Thread from here: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/262-warroc...off-bytes.html

I posted a question on that thread but it was deleted and the thread was closed. maybe the reason is because i was bumping an old thread.

So here's my questions:

Why is it that he(Alex_Agnew) used the address 0x10454 in the picture below when he said that We take 004135E1 as our adress?


and why he put \x90\x90 instead of \x80\x80 or something?

I hope you can help me guys with these problem of mine. I just don't want to copy some code without fully understanding it's function and why it's being used. Thank you.
Quote Originally Posted by -=meow=- View Post
and why he put \x90\x90 instead of \x80\x80 or something?
ASM instructions 0x90 = NOP, no operation
Quote Originally Posted by TheG36 View Post
ASM instructions 0x90 = NOP, no operation
Thank your for the answer. How about the address? can you explain it also?
Quote Originally Posted by -=meow=- View Post
Thank your for the answer. How about the address? can you explain it also?
I think to confuse the learner or maybe just a mistake in making the tutorial.
0x90 means nop, a nop means no instruction, so we replace the original bytes of the function with nops so the function does nothing.
I used the wrong adress, the original adress was 004135E1, so we should use 0x004135E1 instead of 0x10454.
Thank you for all your help guys. SOLVED!
Quote Originally Posted by -=meow=- View Post
Thank you for all your help guys. SOLVED!
I already expla... it to u.

Problem solved.
Quote Originally Posted by Jhem View Post


I already expla... it to u.

Problem solved.

Thank you for your help.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?