Entity Finder

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Entity Finder
I was wondering if there is a way to see entities through the walls. I want to use this on the DayZ servers in Gmod.
use any entity finder out there, but be sure to add dayz_item to the finder list, that's what dayZ uses for their loot
Quote Originally Posted by Pony Slaystation View Post
use any entity finder out there, but be sure to add dayz_item to the finder list, that's what dayZ uses for their loot
It would be better to use the member that contains the item name.
How would I do that with mApex?
Make another script or add it to it's hook.
Quote Originally Posted by _Fami View Post
Make another script or add it to it's hook.
How would I do that? Sorry if I'm being a nuisance.
Quote Originally Posted by Shpoople View Post
How would I do that? Sorry if I'm being a nuisance.
Iterate though all entities, check their class.
If the class matches the one you search for (exemple: 'dz_item'), just get it's World Space Center and use a World to Screen function to get the screen coordinates of the entity. Then draw a simple text at throses coordinates (exemple: 'DayZ Item').

I attached to this post everything I got from some DayZ mod server (imperius server or whatever), it could help you, look at entities (located at gamemodes\dayz\gamemode\plugins\items\items). (To moderators: the attached archive only contains lua files, I don't think scans are required.)

I might make a basic esp for it, depends if people have an interest in it. Otherwise it's not hard to do one yourself.
Also, could you give me a link to the gamemode? Or maybe the server IP, so I could look at it.
Quote Originally Posted by _Fami View Post
Also, could you give me a link to the gamemode? Or maybe the server IP, so I could look at it.
I play at all of the servers...

But I play at this server mainly: 192.223.26.11:27016
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?