HelpFinding Static Addresses

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Finding Static Addresses
I can NEVER seem to ever find a static address with cheat engine, I can get the first pointer and maybe go one more layer deep but after that I can never find anything else that accesses or writes to the address and eventually I run into a dead end. Any suggestions on how to find static addresses with any game?
Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
I can NEVER seem to ever find a static address with cheat engine, I can get the first pointer and maybe go one more layer deep but after that I can never find anything else that accesses or writes to the address and eventually I run into a dead end. Any suggestions on how to find static addresses with any game?
Ok. if you don't find a static address this means either you don't know how to find it, or the game/process you're trying to scan is an emulator (like flash for example)

if it is an emulator you're out of luck. (you can try hooking btw)

if it isn't, here is how you can find it (if you're lucky)

after getting the pointer address (that you are supposed to make a 4byte HEX search for)
you take that address, and at cheat engine :
Value type = 4bytes
Scan type = value between
First value = the address subtract a random number from it (not too high, example : 0xA40B4CF ---> 0xA40B000)
Second value = the address add to it a random number...
and remember to search in HEX

this will maybe work but you might need to verify the pointer and see if it stays the same...

OTHERWISE you can always take a look at the 'Memory view' and reverse your way out of this problem...
I'm going to go with I don't know how to find it, I've looked online and can never seem to find a decent tutorial. If you could provide me with one I would appreciate it.
Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
I'm going to go with I don't know how to find it, I've looked online and can never seem to find a decent tutorial. If you could provide me with one I would appreciate it.
PM me your skype if you want, i'l try to help you :P
Quote Originally Posted by somewhatpro View Post
PM me your skype if you want, i'l try to help you :P
I was making such a stupid error... I managed to get it thanks for your help though.
Now how to make a trainer GOOD looking...
Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post

I was making such a stupid error... I managed to get it thanks for your help though.
Now how to make a trainer GOOD looking...
Ahaa, congratz , you can make a trainer with C# or VB, and use that Themebase stuff to style your forms
but... if you're using the cheat engine trainer generator theeeenn.. you maybe are out of luck :P
Quote Originally Posted by somewhatpro View Post
Ahaa, congratz , you can make a trainer with C# or VB, and use that Themebase stuff to style your forms
but... if you're using the cheat engine trainer generator theeeenn.. you maybe are out of luck :P
I was using C++ but I guess I'll learn how to write to memory with C#. Unless you can use C++ to write to memory and use C# for the form lol.
Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post


I was using C++ but I guess I'll learn how to write to memory with C#. Unless you can use C++ to write to memory and use C# for the form lol.
Since you know C++, using C# will be a piece of cake for you :P
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us