OMG I NEED HELP

Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
OMG I NEED HELP
1st sorry for posting here but everyone checks here more than any other section
But i tried to download a keygen & when i did it gave me a Trojan & avast Caught it to late & my Background screen changed saying WARNING!
your computer has a virus, Etc . . extra stuff but i forgot
& it closed down all my programs , My anti virus programs also plus i cant even open them & im in Safe Mode now
Please someone help me >xO
u got a virus, download combo fix and run
i got a Trojan it was called Win32.Et . . something something i forgot
Ima see if i can im on safe mode now
ehhh get norton ghost and reboot ur computer -.-

long time easy fix



oh yeh if it was called setup.exe ur fucked thats a really strong virus almost impossible to get rid of
Anyone think they can Teamview me i can at least open that
ID:365 769 579
Password:5404
done sorry i couldnt help
Thanks Ownage you tried
Everything looks better in regular mode
Think anyone can help me out
i got that virus once, its called virtumonde. A very very annoying virus. and the only way to get rid of it is go into the black screen and manualy delete the files before they start up.
1st delete all the system restore points and turn restore off! it likes to hide in there. you need to scan your pc with spy sweeper ( the free version ) and right down all the locations of the bits of files everywhere. and delete them in dos screen before bootup ( you can get there by pressing f12 ( i think) for advanced startup options. Or if your running XP you have to but the Windows Cd and choose the repair console option. I then delete the files. I think its something like <code> cd c:\ then >> cd windows then cd system32 then del C:\windows\system32\*Filename*.<code>

or you can try Malwarebytes and that may work. (i didnt work for me)
try looking up how to remove viturmonde virus on google
^^Exactly what he said^^ I did the same thing when I had a virus.
Have you fixed the Problem yet Casperx3?
You should just reformat. If you had anything on the PC that's important 2bad you were the dummie for dl'ing risky things.
Quote Originally Posted by juanrineytor View Post
You should just reformat. If you had anything on the PC that's important 2bad you were the dummie for dl'ing risky things.
no, he should not reformat.
Quote Originally Posted by XGelite View Post
no, he should not reformat.
Why not? It's more easy and besides if he ever get's rid of this he must surely got another 3 or 4 viruses in his computer.
Quote Originally Posted by juanrineytor View Post
Why not? It's more easy and besides if he ever get's rid of this he must surely got another 3 or 4 viruses in his computer.
yeah its easiest, but you loose all your files. Unless he doesnt care about loosing all those files, then go ahead and reformat
this is exactly what i did 1 year ago

Code:
VirtuMonde.c, alias Adware-Virtumondo, TrojanSpy.Win32.Agent.I, is an extremely nasty virus and I'm going to tell you exactly how to remove it! VirtuMonde was discovered on my wife's laptop after running Windows Defender, a free spyware and virtumonde removal tool (detected but did not remove) located at http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

How the laptop became infected is unknown, but I spent hours searching for any information on VirtuMonde.c and ended up empty. Actually, there were tons of posts on this virus and some incredibly long posts on how to fix the problem, but not one of them worked!

Let me explain what I know about this virus before I talk about the fix; of course, you can skip this part and jump right to the bottom, but it's worth the read.
Virtumondo

VirtuMonde.c is rumored to have been first reported in May of 2004 to Panda Antivirus which surprised me. It's May of 2006 and I have the latest antivirus and spyware detection installed on the laptop and still, it became infected.

This virus is reported to record your keystrokes and randomly displays advertisements. This virtumonde.c Trojan will create a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) to facilitate the recording of your keystrokes and communicates with a website located on the internet.

Virtumonde.C attaches to explorer.exe, goes memory resident and verifies that it's running (the virus that is). If for some reason Virtumonde.c is stopped, the memory resident program will fire it back up.

The virus also writes to cookies on the infected computer and may visit more than one internet site. The part that makes VirtuMonde.c tricky is that it's a memory resident and writes to a file that spyware removal programs can't erase.
Remove VirtuMonde.c

I tried a number of programs, including HijackThis, Trend's online virus scanner, Panda Software's online virus scanner, Symantec's FixVundo.exe and manual instructions to no avail! I though I had it when I ran SpyBot Search and Destroy's software, but it only discovered 4 occurrences of the VirtuMonde.c when actually there were 6.

Of all the programs, only Microsoft's Live Safety Center (Beta) was able to detect all the infected files! The online virus scan site is located at: Live Safety Center and is a new free services designed to help you detect and keep your computer clean. It very cool, speeds up your pc and is worth checking out!

Having a full list of objects infected with VirtuMonde.C, I compared them to the ones discovered by the other antispyware packages and was left with two. Those two infected objects pointed to c:\windows\help\mui\accas.dll

I should note here that Microsoft's Windows Defender was unable to remove the files or detect all infected files.
VirtuMonde.c Solution

I found the solution by inserting a Windows XP CD into the drive and booting from it. I then chose the repair option which landed me at a command prompt. From here, I navigated to c:\windows\help\mui\accas.dll and renamed the file. Commands:
c:
cd\windows\help\mui
ren accas.dll accas.old

I then rebooted the computer and used Windows Defender to remove the remaining files infected by VirtuMondo which in the end was an easy solution, but nowhere to be found!

I hope this works for you as well and if not, perhaps the process of finding a solution to VirtuMonde.c will help.
Virtumon.C

VirtuMon.c is often thought of as VirtuMonde.C which is not correct. At this time, there is no indication that Virtumon.c is considered to be a virus.
Posts 1–15 of 17 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?