Really simple Browser tutorial...

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Really simple Browser tutorial...
(G)rapefruit's supersimple Visual Basic tutorial: How to make a simple web browser!
################################################## #############################################
For newbies.


Step one:

Start Visual basic, File > New Project > Windows Form application > Name it > OK.




Step two:

Resize it to your preferable size and insert these things:

*Textbox
*5 Buttons ( I KNOW THAT THERE IS A BUTTON 6 IN THE SCREENS!!! IGNORE IT! JUST MAKE 5 BUTTONS)
*Web Browser
*Text Box




Step three:

*Click button 1 and make the text: Back
*Do the same with button 2 but make it Forward
*Make button 3: Refresh
*Button 4: home
*Button 5: Go




Step four:

Name the form like you named the buttons


Step five:

Code the buttons by double clicking them.



Go button:
Code:
WebBrowser1.Navigate(TextBox1.Text)
Back button:
Code:
WebBrowser1.GoBack()
Forward button:
Code:
WebBrowser1.GoForward()
Refresh button:
Code:
WebBrowser1.Refresh()
Home button:
Code:
WebBrowser1.GoHome()

Step six:

Click the 'Debug' button and start the browser.



____________________________________________


It worked for me:



____________________________________________



To make a starting page:

Click the web browser in your [Design] and look for the URL in the properties box:



____________________________________________



That's it! I hope it will be usefull for some people...
Nice choob-friendly tut.
I couldn't do i better myself.
Nice guide. I have already made one, but using a video tut. I feel like making a full web browser, like Firefox, but it would probably be hard. Does anyone know how to make a toolbar for Mozilla Firefox? I really wanna know.
Quote Originally Posted by trex View Post
Nice guide. I have already made one, but using a video tut. I feel like making a full web browser, like Firefox, but it would probably be hard. Does anyone know how to make a toolbar for Mozilla Firefox? I really wanna know.
Go to Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client,
and search for a guide.
yeahh great work--
Thx.

Making the browser: 3-5 minutes.
Making the tutorial: 1> hour. xD

Couldn't imagine making a tutorial for an advanced email bomber... That tut would take hours. XD

5 Minutes later:

Wait.. Fuck. I made a mistake. (I confused the codes and buttons) Gonna fix it now. ^^
____________________________________________

2 Minutes later:

Fixed... I checked the whole tutorial too. No errors. =D
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?