HelpSSD

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
SSD
The SSD disk I just bought is trying to be smart with me, and after too much beer and whole afternoon wasted, the problem still persists.
After much difficulties the Win7 x64 is now stable on my SSD, but it is freezing and, well, lagging.


Here is what i have done:
  • Updated all the drivers.
  • Had only the SSD connected.
  • Updated BIOS.
  • Switched the cables.
  • Reset the CMOS.


Everything ran fine then froze, after reset SSD was not recognised by the system and I could not start the windows from the other disk I had previously(after a few resets it was fine). When I updated the bios version windows did not freeze up any more, but now the PC is acting like a 7 year old laptop with too much load on him. And the computer is older, but still quite good for its age. Anyone knows if I can do anything without replacing parts(yet)?
Just a couple questions to complete the story before I give you some diagnostics options:

  • Was your Windows 7 operating fine before the transition to an SSD?
  • What brand of SSD is it?
  • Is your version of Winodws legitimate?
  • May you provide the specifications to your PC?
  • Does your PC lock-up or go to a BSOD?
Update the firmware of your SSD, this will probably fix it.
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us