Using textures

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Using textures
Hey guys,

I don't know whether this section is still active or not (as the latest threads are from months ago...) but I had a question.
Whenever I download a .iwi file, for example a sniper camo and I put it in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3\main\iw_06 (opened iw_06 with WinRar) \Images and I join an online or private game it says something like files do not match server files.

So can anyone here explain me what I'm doing wrong? Sorry if there's a clear tutorial out there but I can't seem to find one that's giving more information really.

And can someone link me to a thread with a texture where other people are like a bright color? Like purple blue or red, so you can see them better? Else I'll prolly have to read through alot of threads before I find one And Youtube is obviously giving me virusses/******s so I trust you guys more.

So yeah, thanks in advance guys!

Edit: Yes, I've read the rules and I know getting through MPGH's word filter will result in a few days ban, but I geuss it isn't that bad, as it's not a swear word or advertising. So yeah, the word has to do with 'enquetes' :P
Quote Originally Posted by Ekeme View Post
and I join an online or private game it says something like files do not match server files.
Means you installed em wrong.
Most textures come with a tutorial, and it's pretty straight forward.
Put the image files in the corresponding .iwd's images folder.
Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post

Means you installed em wrong.
Most textures come with a tutorial, and it's pretty straight forward.
Put the image files in the corresponding .iwd's images folder.
Hmyeah, that's what I did. Downloaded this carbon camo for MSR Sniper from Heiko and put it in the iw_06 file which I opened with WinRar.
Anyhow, are there any clean iwi's here that I could download either seperated or the whole iw_06 folder? Didn't back-up properly and I kinda fucked up
Quote Originally Posted by Ekeme View Post
Anyhow, are there any clean iwi's here that I could download either seperated or the whole iw_06 folder? Didn't back-up properly and I kinda fucked up
Validate integrity of cached files in Steam.
Ahh sorry man, already did that and it fixed it, but still thanks alot for your fast reply's. Anyway, do you know if there are any up-to-date (working) body paint textures? Just like this one: [NEW] Modern Warfare 3 - Texture Hack [ Permanent VAC Safe ] (I'm not allowed to post links, eventhough it's from mpgh...)
Unless that one still works, but I doubt that. And where do I put that iwi, iw_06 is only weapons right?

If you could answer this it'd be awesome, and I could try it again!
Quote Originally Posted by Ekeme View Post
If you could answer this it'd be awesome, and I could try it again!
Don't think textures actually get patched, so every texture posted here should work
iw_06.iwd isn't only weapons, but all the weapon camos (and the base gun skins) are in there.

I'll try to explain the multiple iw_xx.iwd files.
Each file contains some textures. They're in alphabetical order. Imagine if you divided up the alphabet into multiple boxes, box 1 might have a-g and box 2 might have h-p, etc.
The game does this with the texture files, dividing them up alphabetically between these .iwd files.
iw_00 starts with special characters ( like $), goes on to numbers, then starts letters a to z.
The exception is there are files at the beginning of each that start with ~

So, a file like ac_prs_fx_smoke_a.iwi wouldn't be in the same .iwd file as something like weapon_camo_snow.iwi.
What you have done sounds right (camos go in iw_06.iwd), but maybe you did something we're not aware of, or the file doesn't work.

What you should do (always, unless it already tells you where to put it) is figure out which .iwd file has the .iwi file you're wanting to put in it, and then put it in the right one.
Mainly, only files iw_00-iw_06 are used, so check those first. The higher ones (11-22) contain sound files, and I think the last ones (23+) contain DLC stuff and more specular maps.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us