Forum organization
As you know I am trying to organize the forum to better handle new members with a lack of experience in C/C++ as well as experienced members as well. It is my hope that we can create a sort of "share the knowledge community where novices can accelerate their growth by piggy-backing on the more experienced, at the same time I do not want to limit the experienced coders by keeping the organization too basic. By taking opinions from all users I can make the best choice so I need to know what you guys want and how you think this place should be organized.
This is what I'm thinking right now:
1. An introductory guide to new users
2. An intermediate Guide
3. More advanced tutorials
I am trying to compile all the information I can as fast as possible. Hopefully by the end of this week I will have a clear idea of what needs to stay and what needs to go. Over Fall Break I should have a rough draft figured out.
I know a lot of sites I have visited organize entire sections based on skill level, so I think this is going to be an interesting experiment to have all these different skill levels mingling together. Hopefully the outcome will be positive... only time will tell.
This is what I'm thinking right now:
1. An introductory guide to new users
-Explanation of C/C++/C#
-List of Compilers and Tools
-List of guides/ Books/ tutorials on C++
2. An intermediate Guide
-What to learn next
Basics of:-Windows API
-D3D
-OpenGL
Introduction to Reversing
3. More advanced tutorials
-inline ASM
-More advanced functions (such as detour)
... Well it's hard for me to think beyond this point.
NOTE: One thing I am trying to consider is Sticky space. As you know there are some pretty important tutorials up there already, so here is what I was thinking. I was thinking about that if space ever became a problem we could combine links to several important threads in one thread, but I won't worry about that till later...-More advanced functions (such as detour)
... Well it's hard for me to think beyond this point.
I am trying to compile all the information I can as fast as possible. Hopefully by the end of this week I will have a clear idea of what needs to stay and what needs to go. Over Fall Break I should have a rough draft figured out.
I know a lot of sites I have visited organize entire sections based on skill level, so I think this is going to be an interesting experiment to have all these different skill levels mingling together. Hopefully the outcome will be positive... only time will tell.
help me make hax plz wat do i code with

