VC++ 08 problem

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
VC++ 08 problem
On nearly every project I get a single error: Error spawning cmd.exe.
can anybody tell me wtf this is and how i can do away with it?
I have vista, but UAC is off so it's run as admin on startup. I'm a bit frustrated with this damned compiler...
Quote Originally Posted by t7ancients View Post
On nearly every project I get a single error: Error spawning cmd.exe.
can anybody tell me wtf this is and how i can do away with it?
I have vista, but UAC is off so it's run as admin on startup. I'm a bit frustrated with this damned compiler...
cmd.exe is your console window. It's the command line. You might want to check and make sure you didn't delete your cmd.exe ... thought TBH I'm not sure you can o_O?!
Quote Originally Posted by why06 View Post
cmd.exe is your console window. It's the command line. You might want to check and make sure you didn't delete your cmd.exe ... thought TBH I'm not sure you can o_O?!
ah nevermind i found the problem. in the options --> directories thing i was missing three directories or the paths to the system32 directory things. thanks anyway =p
Had this problem earlier when compiling graphical d3d hooks, it's pretty simple to fix & not an issue with your source code. It just means VC is invoking variable syntax % incorrectly.

Go to options (Projects/Solutions >>> VC++ Directories)
Switch
%SystemRoot%\System32
%SystemRoot%
%SystemRoot%\System32\wbem
To
$(SystemRoot)\System32
$(SystemRoot)
$(SystemRoot)\System32\wbem
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us