My first (bunnyhop) map

Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1
Want me to record owning up this map? @Polygon

ok @Polygon im gunna give you my honest opinion on this

The map design is nice, looks clean and the textures are good.
Try making the platforms not as GIANT. Smaller ones pls
Some of the jumps are not possible at all...

The platforms don't function how bunnyhop platforms should.

Look up some of the basics of bunnyhop maps. I'll be waiting for a version 2.
Quote Originally Posted by Trollaux View Post

ok @Polygon im gunna give you my honest opinion on this

The map design is nice, looks clean and the textures are good.
Try making the platforms not as GIANT. Smaller ones pls
Some of the jumps are not possible at all...

The platforms don't function how bunnyhop platforms should.

Look up some of the basics of bunnyhop maps. I'll be waiting for a version 2.
Sorry, I got that on my list of fixes but forgot to do it.
Also, the map is designed to have large platforms because it's made for speedrunning and for beginners.
The first 5 have large platforms, the other 5 will have relativly smaller one (about half the size of the current ones).

Thanks for the tip, though.

EDIT: What I also should add is that this is supposed to be for autobhop, but I've seen a relativly good bhopper do it with scroll (he prehopped that block twice).
Yup, got stuck at the same part as Trollaux, map looks good, can't wait for the optimized version c:
Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
EDIT: fixed all the broken shit, added 2 new stages (the second stage I added isn't complete yet, just tought it looked cool).
I completely ran out of idea's, so some more would be cool.

VS:https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d...is/1417714871/
I can only hope for smaller platforms.
Also to what you were saying above that post, speed running/beginner maps do not go together. Take the map I used to have a WR on, bhop_monster_jam. This map has small tiles and open space. It is made for speed running. Now if you take a map like bhop_eazy_v2, that map has medium sized tiles, with little to no difficulty on any level or much change.

One last note, make bhop maps for CS:S. Bunny hopping in CS:GO is not possible without doing it illegitimately. On CS:GO you have to have a lot of server-side modifications to make sure that you can maintain speed and gain it past 320 vel.
Quote Originally Posted by Trollaux View Post


I can only hope for smaller platforms.
Also to what you were saying above that post, speed running/beginner maps do not go together. Take the map I used to have a WR on, bhop_monster_jam. This map has small tiles and open space. It is made for speed running. Now if you take a map like bhop_eazy_v2, that map has medium sized tiles, with little to no difficulty on any level or much change.

One last note, make bhop maps for CS:S. Bunny hopping in CS:GO is not possible without doing it illegitimately. On CS:GO you have to have a lot of server-side modifications to make sure that you can maintain speed and gain it past 320 vel.
When the new map file gets approved, you will see that I added small tiles. 64x64 ones, along with some small-ish circle jumps (upside down spike).
Also, it's designed for CS:S and CS:GO but the CS:S section is dead.

Also, also, monster_jam is a pretty bad map.
Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post


When the new map file gets approved, you will see that I added small tiles. 64x64 ones, along with some small-ish circle jumps (upside down spike).
Also, it's designed for CS:S and CS:GO but the CS:S section is dead.

Also, also, monster_jam is a pretty bad map.
Does your BSP work on CS:S?
Also never hate on my favorite map.

Your map got approved so here's my new stuff for it.

I love this level. Space out the jumps much more and have 3 different distinct paths that you could take on this one. On the sides of the walls in the middle of this level possible add a surf ramp on the walls and in the middle of them a bounce jump that pushes you into the air.



These two levels' triggers are broken and send you to the wrong level start.
Quote Originally Posted by Trollaux View Post


Does your BSP work on CS:S?
Also never hate on my favorite map.

Your map got approved so here's my new stuff for it.

I love this level. Space out the jumps much more and have 3 different distinct paths that you could take on this one. On the sides of the walls in the middle of this level possible add a surf ramp on the walls and in the middle of them a bounce jump that pushes you into the air.



These two levels' triggers are broken and send you to the wrong level start.
Tomorrow I will try the suggestions you gave.
Also, I knew I forgot something...
Anyways, I want to say I really appreciate you giving me honest criticism. I'm currently having some issues finding insipiration so it's always nice to have somebody that gives me solid idea's.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the .bsp works on CS:S, I don't have the game in my library anymore.
Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post


Tomorrow I will try the suggestions you gave.
Also, I knew I forgot something...
Anyways, I want to say I really appreciate you giving me honest criticism. I'm currently having some issues finding insipiration so it's always nice to have somebody that gives me solid idea's.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the .bsp works on CS:S, I don't have the game in my library anymore.
Well I don't know how to map, and I used to be/still kinda am a pro bunnyhopper.
Posts 1–12 of 12 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?