Cows?

Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2
Cows?
So I have an idea of how many cows I can run. But I want your guy's input too. Here are my specs:

Quad-core Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

8GB 1600MHz ram

Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti 2GB VRAM
Quote Originally Posted by ImMalkah View Post
So I have an idea of how many cows I can run. But I want your guy's input too. Here are my specs:

Quad-core Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

8GB 1600MHz ram

Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti 2GB VRAM

13-14...........
Quote Originally Posted by wEFTwefwfefesfefe View Post
13-14...........
Nah no way, it's only an i5 lol
@ImMalkah
Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
Quote Originally Posted by GTX970 View Post
i wonder how much cows i could run here is my PC Spec.
i5-4440 Processor
16 GB Ram Kingstone DDR3
GTX 970
It's all about the RAM, CrossFire uses around 200-250 MB (minimum), so dividing 16 GB would be around 65-81 instances. Note that: processor means managing resources' center, and the GHz is the speed it runs with; video card is what manages graphics' quality and refresh rate, so it's about what your screen can show; internet connection speed (MBs) also matter, in this case, on how much instances you could run without crashing (I personally think, the minimum is 1 MB for each instance, with a ping of 150-200 if you live near the server [lets say, 3000 KM from the server])
(32~40/32~40)*(Mbps)
Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
I feel bad if you think 16GB of ram can run 65 clients...

It doesn't work that way bud. And it's not all about RAM, CPU is important too as when you have multiple cores, 4 in my case, more power can be used to process and help the ram run more clients. Video card doesn't matter so much, but I just included it in there for giggles
Quote Originally Posted by ImMalkah View Post


I feel bad if you think 16GB of ram can run 65 clients...

It doesn't work that way bud. And it's not all about RAM, CPU is important too as when you have multiple cores, 4 in my case, more power can be used to process and help the ram run more clients. Video card doesn't matter so much, but I just included it in there for giggles
with my specs that mentioned above I could open 8 cows and my main account but sometimes the client crash
but with your specs i can say 5~7 cows would be okey
Quote Originally Posted by GTX970 View Post
with my specs that mentioned above I could open 8 cows and my main account but sometimes the client crash
but with your specs i can say 5~7 cows would be okey
That's what I figured too .

Add me on Skype, I have a few questions: fastifan .
Quote Originally Posted by ImMalkah View Post


I feel bad if you think 16GB of ram can run 65 clients...

It doesn't work that way bud. And it's not all about RAM, CPU is important too as when you have multiple cores, 4 in my case, more power can be used to process and help the ram run more clients. Video card doesn't matter so much, but I just included it in there for giggles
http://superuser.com/questions/32990...-the-processor

Quote Originally Posted by CenterOrbit
A thread is a task that the processor must handle, for a simple explanation, you can assume that every application you open (such as paint, notepad, media player) has its own thread... now this does not mean you can only open 2 applications at once, simply because the processor and OS work so fast at 'switching threads' to handle the needs of every application that you have open. You will just experience better performance with more cores because now you can dish out all of the work to more core processors.
Quote Originally Posted by ImMalkah View Post


That's what I figured too .

Add me on Skype, I have a few questions: fastifan .
Done
Quote Originally Posted by ImMalkah View Post


I didn't say anything about threads.
An application launches a process; a thread is a task to be made, wich involves providing resources to an specific process...
No, you didn't ever write thread, but you were talking about threads. For a moment I tought I was wrong, but your anwer only confirms you don't know anything on the theme (how a processor works), maybe you could had farmed before, but you wont understand (and maybe correct any error I could have [wich would be great to me]) if you don't know far beyond the experience (the theory). If I'm wrong, please let me know it and explain me why.
Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
An application launches a process; a thread is a task to be made, wich involves providing resources to an specific process...
No, you didn't ever write thread, but you were talking about threads. For a moment I tought I was wrong, but your anwer only confirms you don't know anything on the theme (how a processor works), maybe you could had farmed before, but you wont understand (and maybe correct any error I could have [wich would be great to me]) if you don't know far beyond the experience (the theory). If I'm wrong, please let me know it and explain me why.
tl;dr

That's not what I was talking about. You are trying to claim a CPU doesn't at all matter at all when launching multiple processes, which is completely false.
from 3 to 6
Quote Originally Posted by David. View Post
from 3 to 6
3 is lowballing, I'm thinking around 6-8 .
Quote Originally Posted by ImMalkah View Post


3 is lowballing, I'm thinking around 6-8 .
8 work in 16 GB Ram ask me about vm ware bro
Posts 1–15 of 23 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us