Programming Advice

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Programming Advice
Alright so I've take programming classes in school. And I've learned a lot of the basics and stuff. But all I've learned is basic programs like creating calculators for Surface Area and such. And then some other (not so interesting/school related) things. And I just wanted to know how some of you programmers who create the hacks for the games on MPGH learned how to program. (Like mamo007, flux, ForeverRed, etc.. There are a lot of you.) Did you read books? Did you learn from someone. Take classes? Basically I want to become a game hacker for the site but I need to do some more learning and I'm looking for links for videos, books, etc.. Anything that you programmers may have used or would recommend.

Thanks
I'm also interested ! Did most of you take class and studied at school to be a programmer ?
I personally learned hacking from other people and their codes.
For example, i used to download bases of people and study them untill i knew what they did.
Msdn helps alot, along the way you learn the most from actually trying and experimenting with codes and so forth.
I learned assembly, c++, directx, etc all from just trying and not giving up.
But remember that it takes time, i can say i'm a decent coder for the last year.
Knowing i'm programming for over 5 years, you see it takes a while.
But if you study real hard you can do it probably within 2 years.

I hope this helped a bit, if not let me know!
Quote Originally Posted by AeroMan View Post
I personally learned hacking from other people and their codes.
For example, i used to download bases of people and study them untill i knew what they did.
Msdn helps alot, along the way you learn the most from actually trying and experimenting with codes and so forth.
I learned assembly, c++, directx, etc all from just trying and not giving up.
But remember that it takes time, i can say i'm a decent coder for the last year.
Knowing i'm programming for over 5 years, you see it takes a while.
But if you study real hard you can do it probably within 2 years.

I hope this helped a bit, if not let me know!
Same, yet I'm still fairly new to this. I think that if I could learn all of this till here what can I do in 5 years, that gives me hope and makes me move forward. I'm also reading C++ Primer(not to confuse with C++ Primer Plus), which is very good.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?