Plastic Memories

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Plastic Memories
Anyone start watching this? Looks like a great anime with lots of potential. However, storyline looks really easy to predict so far but hopefully it has some twists that make the anime's outcome harder to predict (too lazy to read manga).
Oh damn completely forgot a new season even started lmao, MAL gave this a 8 so far so I may wait a bit to start it since the plot seems iffy.
I like it but I don't.

On one hand It's obviously supposed to be this sappy bullshit 24/7. I mean the plot is literally "we go collect people who are knowingly going to die"
>Which by the way, makes no fucking sense. How could you possibly make an AI that would "time out"? I mean parts or something I'd understand, but you can always replace those. There is no possible way that there is technology so advanced that it can't do a simple data transfer while the parts are being replaced. Fucking GiTS you've ruined my disbelief factor.

On the other hand it's kind of funny and adorable. It has it's moments.



On the oooooooooother hand, this show was made by the people who made Angel Beats. So I'm not utterly surprised they remade the same character in terms of plot.
Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
I like it but I don't.

On one hand It's obviously supposed to be this sappy bullshit 24/7. I mean the plot is literally "we go collect people who are knowingly going to die"
>Which by the way, makes no fucking sense. How could you possibly make an AI that would "time out"? I mean parts or something I'd understand, but you can always replace those. There is no possible way that there is technology so advanced that it can't do a simple data transfer while the parts are being replaced. Fucking GiTS you've ruined my disbelief factor.

On the other hand it's kind of funny and adorable. It has it's moments.



On the oooooooooother hand, this show was made by the people who made Angel Beats. So I'm not utterly surprised they remade the same character in terms of plot.
It seems like they'll make the two characters fall in love, and the guy will try his best to figure out to preserve the AI's memory, or make the best out of her little time she has left. Either way, some emotional shit is going down.
Quote Originally Posted by Astro. View Post
It seems like they'll make the two characters fall in love, and the guy will try his best to figure out to preserve the AI's memory, or make the best out of her little time she has left. Either way, some emotional shit is going down.
I just wished that it was differently put in the setting.

Like maybe they go into the shop for repair but never come out because conspiracy, and at the end they realize their fate is inevitable and that is the sappy scene.


Not "oh well you know when you are going to die because whoever made the plot is a fucking retard and has no clue how technology works".
Another overly-melodramatic anime that somehow makes all the weebs cry.
Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsDefinitelyNotRance View Post
Another overly-melodramatic anime that somehow makes all the weebs cry.
Of fucking course. It's not even a good setting though...
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?