InfoExplanation for the bans.

Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2
Explanation for the bans.
No credit goes to me.
I have a group of 7 people (including myself) that play. We'll just say our names are A B C D E F G
A: Used Cheat Engine & Endeavor's Mod Menu in Private Sessions only
B: Used Cheat Engine & Endeavor's Mod Menu in Private Sessions only
C: Used Cheat Engine & Endeavor's Mod Menu in Private Sessions only
D: Used Cheat Engine only
E: Used Endeavor's Mod Menu in Private Sessions only
F: Used Endeavor's Mod Menu in Private Sessions only
G: Did not cheat in any fashion
Only A B C and D got banned (two week ban each).
Out of 6 people that "cheated/hacked/scripted/modded," whatever you'd like to call it, the ONLY ones that got banned were the ones that used Cheat Engine. Everyone that used the Mod Menu used it to give themselves/eachother tons of money and unlock everything, but only the ones who used Cheat Engine got banned.
Each of us that used the Mod Menu shot millions of dollars at eachother, and used the Unlock All function to avoid having to grind races. Each of us that used Cheat Engine gained several million dollars, and approx. 100 levels each.

So, as far as I can tell, the people claiming that they got banned for JUST using the FoV mod are probably not telling the truth. The people who claim they got banned for "only using mods in Singleplayer" are probably not telling the truth.

Even the people claiming they got banned for JUST having money shot at them by a hacker seems doubtful.

Frankly, I had about 80 hours in GTA:O and was getting sort of tired with it anyways. Two weeks off will probably be good for me, so I'm not too mad about it. I gladly admit that I cheated. I didn't purchase GTA so that I could play it like an MMO (i.e. grind missions for levels/money, grind races for vehicle mods.) I just wanted to screw around and have a good time with my friends, and I did. The game is too much of a grindfest. I want the fastest cars and the most armored vehicles and jets and helicopters, but I don't want to have to grind non-stop for 6 hours just to afford one armed vehicle in a game where I rarely go into Open Sessions anyways.
Another explanation:
The FoV mod changes values in memory exactly as cheat engine does, though, so it does make sense that it could cause a ban if cheat engine can. You can actually use cheat engine to develop the foundation for a FoV mod, as DrDaxxy did.
Conclusion:
Using cheat engine gets you banned.
Quote Originally Posted by XiaoGirlz View Post
Conclusion:
Using cheat engine gets you banned.
Conclusion:
Modifying memory gets you banned. I never used CE.. but I did use another undetected (on other games like Arma) memory editor.
I was a G and I got banned.

In conclusion: You're full of shit and this experiment is a waste of time
Quote Originally Posted by vosszaa View Post
I was a G and I got banned.

In conclusion: You're full of shit and this experiment is a waste of time
In conclusion: You're a retard as this wasn't even an experiment.
Quote Originally Posted by XiaoGirlz View Post
In conclusion: You're a retard as this wasn't even an experiment.
T-rekt. Tl;Dr Ban explanations =




InB4Bantersaurus
Quote Originally Posted by XiaoGirlz View Post
In conclusion: You're a retard as this wasn't even an experiment.
Oh shit... I didn't know that this was just a joke. I thought that this was an insightful experiment for a second. Thank you for reminding us man. LMAO
Quote Originally Posted by vosszaa View Post
Oh shit... I didn't know that this was just a joke. I thought that this was an insightful experiment for a second. Thank you for reminding us man. LMAO
*Facepalm*
No credit goes to me.

I didn't waste any of my time.
IMO it's not CE itself that gets you banned. Most people used CE to obtain ridiculous car sales money through that famous exploit. The car sale record got them banned. If I use CE for other irrelevant stuff such as simply speeding up the game for a while, I am pretty sure I won't get banned.
many knowledge much wow! I am enlightened
Quote Originally Posted by fisticuffs View Post
many knowledge much wow! I am enlightened
teach me master
A friend of mine used Cheat Engine but nothing else, and he didn't get banned.
He only did about 5M though.
Quote Originally Posted by Shadowday View Post
A friend of mine used Cheat Engine but nothing else, and he didn't get banned.
He only did about 5M though.
Oi!! Those experts have sacrifice their valuable times and have come to the conclusion okay. How dare you say otherwise. Your friend is probably lying and your opinion doesn't matter here.
Making conclusions based off of 7 samples of data...you really know how to apply the scientific method eh...
What happened to this forum? Just a bunch of memetards using buzzwords to get attention and pollute solid threads.

Thanks for the insight though XiaoGirlz. Realistically, I doubt we'll "figure it out" - R* has people working full time on their analytics team along with automated account flags, so I'm sure some hackers will get glanced over while others using private tools who think they're immune will be caught. And it'll all seem like a great mystery to us.

As for "making conclusions based off of 7 samples of data" and knowing how to "apply the scientific method"... At least it's better than Douchersaurus' attention thread.
Quote Originally Posted by clanderson View Post
What happened to this forum? Just a bunch of memetards using buzzwords to get attention and pollute solid threads.

Thanks for the insight though XiaoGirlz. Realistically, I doubt we'll "figure it out" - R* has people working full time on their analytics team along with automated account flags, so I'm sure some hackers will get glanced over while others using private tools who think they're immune will be caught. And it'll all seem like a great mystery to us.

As for "making conclusions based off of 7 samples of data" and knowing how to "apply the scientific method"... At least it's better than Douchersaurus' attention thread.

are you retarded?

Literally EVERYTHING he said is wrong because the group he mentions that should be safe have been banned, people that have used CE are also not banned yet. IT was just a random ass Purge by rockstar on a power trip u goddman potato brain.

I can make a thread like this but as long as i type coherently and in a way that can be understood by bird brains like you, youll believe it and rep me???

OOOOOOOOO MUCH ENLIGHTENDMENT MCH SUCCESS ST0rYZZXCXX
Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?