SolvedMinecraft Eclipse Coding Package Explorer

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Minecraft Eclipse Coding Package Explorer
So I recently decided that I want to get into minecraft coding in order to create mods and hacks and whatnot. I got everything nicely set up. I got mcp and eclipse and everything is working... BUT. On some of the videos and tutorials I saw, people had net.minecraft.src in their Client>src folder which contained ALL of the .Java files inside of one place so it was super easy to find them. I don't have that folder and if I want to find something like RenderGlobal.java I have to look through all the other packages in order to find and edit that file which is REALLY frustrating and time consuming.


Is there a way to get net.minecraft.src with all the files together or a way to find the specific .java file ?
Make sure you have eclipse, open it and it will ask you for a workspace, choose the eclipse folder in your mcp folder, then on the left you should see client, open it up then open src then you will find it.
Quote Originally Posted by Exquisite View Post
Make sure you have eclipse, open it and it will ask you for a workspace, choose the eclipse folder in your mcp folder, then on the left you should see client, open it up then open src then you will find it.
That's the thing. It's not there!

Here is an example of how it looks like from a video of a tutorial I've seen:



And this is how it looks like for me. net.minecraft.src simply does not exist. Instead I have them all categorised which does not help at all...


I don't know.. is it just simply not a thing anymore? Did the newest MCP patch change it or what?
Quote Originally Posted by Quck View Post

That's the thing. It's not there!

Here is an example of how it looks like from a video of a tutorial I've seen:



And this is how it looks like for me. net.minecraft.src simply does not exist. Instead I have them all categorised which does not help at all...


I don't know.. is it just simply not a thing anymore? Did the newest MCP patch change it or what?
It's been about a year since I modded, but after some research, this looks to be the case. MCP changed a lot with 1.7 apparently.
Quote Originally Posted by Exquisite View Post
It's been about a year since I modded, but after some research, this looks to be the case. MCP changed a lot with 1.7 apparently.
So the only way to find the specific file is to look through all of those categories? There is no search function?
Quote Originally Posted by Quck View Post

So the only way to find the specific file is to look through all of those categories? There is no search function?
Well, reading the documentation helps.
After a while, it kinda just comes naturally, you begin to memorize where everything is.
No response after several days, assuming solved.
/Closed
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us