QuestionReading strings / texts

Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1
Reading strings / texts
Hello,
I'm a Visual Basic beginner coder.
Today I was thinking about making a tool for a game called SRO (Silkroad Online) which works on warning the user when a unique monster mob spawns or gets killed but I don't know how to make the tool reads the uniques notice.
It looks like that:
h t t p : / / i . i m g u r . c o m / n 9 c w e a 2 . j p g (Without spaces)
As an example a unique mob is called Cerberus.
My plan is like getting it from a TextBox or a Label, if the tool found the notice text contains "Cerberus" and "Killed" then it will show a msg box that the unique is killed, or "Cerberus" and "Appeared" then it has appeared. Or if you know another plan works good/better/easier.
So I hope you help me finding the way to make the tool reads the strings from that game.

Sorry for my bad language.
Respectful,
Nero
1. If you want to alter if monster is spawned:
I don't know how the engine of this game works, but I'm pretty sure you have to be in a range where entities were rendered.
If so, you can loop through the enitity list and find your monster.

2. If you want to alert if a monster has been killed:
Find the function in the game code wich checks if a monster was killed and call it.
This will be pretty difficult with VB.net but possible.

3. I dont think you have enaugh knowledge in reverse engeneering for this project.
Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?