HelpGetting client.dll offset

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Getting client.dll offset
Hello everybody this is my first post!

I know that in C/C++ you fetch the client.dll within the csgo.exe my using Mem.Module("client.dll"), but how would I got about just getting the offset by itself? I understand that the dll is contained within the exe, but I would just like to find out the position using an offset.

Thanks for your help
The Adress from client.dll change every start of csgo.
You can only get the Adress with the exe. There is no special position.
Why dont get the Adress with Mem.Module("client.dll")?
Quote Originally Posted by onlyblame View Post
The Adress from client.dll change every start of csgo.
You can only get the Adress with the exe. There is no special position.
Why dont get the Adress with Mem.Module("client.dll")?
Ok thank you. It is a dynamic address then. I am not making my hacks in C, but instead in a different language. I will need to do some research then...

PS: To others reading this I know that C and variants are the best way to do memory editing, but I've my heart set on a different language.
Quote Originally Posted by MarkHC View Post
Maybe read the best documentation out there?

GetModuleHandle function
What would be the string we pass in to this method? "csgo.exe/client.dll"? I'm unsure since this method is in Kernel32.
Quote Originally Posted by canown View Post
What would be the string we pass in to this method? "csgo.exe/client.dll"? I'm unsure since this method is in Kernel32.
Most Win32 API functions are in Kernel32, that doesnt mean anything special.

You pass it the module name, "client.dll". If you want the process base address you can send NULL instead.
Tip: If you want to easily get client.dll base address you can use EnumProcessModulesEx of Psapi. Once you have your array of modules you can go through all of them and call GetModuleInformation. Once you have all the base addresses you need to sort out "client.dll", you can do this with GetModuleBaseNameA.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us